19. Vegas

Two weeks later-

Spencer's pov-

"Hey mom." I said entering the main common room where all the patients sat.

"Spencer! Hi baby, how have you been?" She smiled.

I've missed her smile, and most importantly I've missed her. It's hard to be away, and it's even harder given me and Kira's situation.

Her doctor told me she's having a good day today, and I'm happy about that. My mother deserves all the happy days in the world.

"I've been good, I missed you."

A small smile brightened her face. "There's a girl."

I cocked a brow at her. How does she know?

"How do you-" I try to ask but she interrupts me.

"I know that look, your father gave me that same look all the time before things went to shit." She chuckled, ushering me to sit beside her in a cozy rocking chair.

Wow, this must be a really good day for her, given she can talk about my dad. She rarely brings him up.

"Her names Kira." I smile.

"Do you have any pictures of her?" She asks impatiently twiddling with her fingers.

I get that nervous tic from her.

"I actually do, hold on." I said, reaching down in my pocket for my wallet.

In the tiny clear pocket on the inner left side of my wallet was a picture of Kira, one I managed to capture before I went to prison.

Kira doesn't go through my things. We have built a large enough level of trust.

She has never been through my wallet before and even if she did I wouldn't be angry is she saw the small picture.

She holds a small sunflower while wearing a white sundress in the photo. Her allergies were a mess that day so she took a Benadryl, which unfortunately knocked her out the rest of the night... but the cute part is she slept in my arms. It was the first ever night she slept over at my place and the first night I realized I had more feelings for her than I realized.

When I had pulled away to go make myself comfortable on the couch, she snuggled closer and hummed out in a slight desperation for me to stay. I couldn't leave her, knowing she wanted me beside her.

"She's beautiful." My mother said.

It's as if she was profiling how happy I was in this moment.

Both of us know I don't need to be profiled for someone to see how truly happy Kira makes me.

"Do you love her?" She asks.

Another small smile creeps across my face. "More than anything."

"Hold on, just a moment." She waves a nurse over. "Can you grab me 'the box'?" She asked.

In a quick motion the nurse walked down the hall, disappearing behind the door. When she said 'the box' the nurse understood instantly.

What is she planning?

"Here you go" the nurse said dropping a small wooden box in my hand, rather than my mothers.

"What is it?" I ask, raising my brows as I eye the light brown box.