Chapter Thirteen

Callum held Tucker's hand, leading him to the dance floor. Tucker recognized the song that just started, it was Iris by Goo Goo Dolls. Tucker kept repeating in his head that this would be the last time he'd ever see Callum, this was it.

After this, he'd never have to deal with the other man ever again.

'And I'd give up forever to touch you,
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow,
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be,
And I don't want to go home right now.'

Tucker and Callum swayed to the music, they were holding each other close, so close that Tucker could feel Callum's breath near his ear. Callum's hand that was on Tucker's back, moved a little lower, sending a chill down his spine.

'And all I can taste is this moment,
And all I can breathe is your life,
And sooner or later, it's over,
I just don't wanna miss you tonight.'

Callum tilted his head back now, looking directly into Tucker's eyes as they continued moving slowly to the song. Tucker didn't know whether Callum had asked the band to play this song, or whether it was a coincidence. No matter the case, Callum was once again looking at him so endearingly, which combined with the song made his heart beat faster.

'And I don't want the world to see me,
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand,
When everything's made to be broken,
I just want you to know who I am.'

Callum whispered the lyrics, never once breaking their eye contact. Even though Tucker was swaying and dancing, he had never felt so stiff. He frowned slightly, making Callum's eyes drop to his lips. As if it was a reflex, Tucker, too, looked down.

It was only for a few seconds, and then the two looked back up as the rest of the song played. The four minutes and some seconds song felt like it kept on going forever, as Tucker zoned out of their surroundings. For those moments, it was just the two of them, and no one else.

Tucker didn't understand why he was feeling this way. Maybe it had been an overall emotional day, and Callum and his persistence was just the cherry on top. Maybe tomorrow he'd go back to hating the blonde man, but for tonight, he didn't have to even pretend to like him.

Tucker was caught in a trance of how lustful Callum looked as his eyes once again dropped to his lips. But as soon as the song finished, and the intro to the next song began, Tucker snapped out of it. He let go of Callum and shook out of his grasp, stepping back.

Tucker started walking away, he stopped to turn back once he was a little far, only to see Callum still standing at the exact same spot. The blonde man was looking at him, but this time his expression was unreadable. Tucker pursed his lips, sighing, before walking away once again, not looking back this time.

~~~

"Are you sure I can't drop you home?" Tucker asked, as he and Divij walked outside.

"No," Divij replied, "You should stay, my friend is picking me up."

"I really don't mind." Tucker said, but Divij just shook his head, and went back to looking at his phone.

Tucker noticed that ever since he excused himself to go to the washroom, Divij had been somewhat cold towards him. His smiles seemed forced, and so did their conversations. Tucker had previously assumed he'd be going back home with Divij, but then suddenly the man said his friend is coming to pick him up.

Tucker wanted to ask him what was up, but he wasn't dumb. He knew what happened, and he really wasn't in the space to talk about it.