Chapter 1

Class D was currently in their break time. Only a few minutes left before their next period begins.

Ayanokouji took a sip from his bottle of water before biting on his sandwich that he bought from the school canteen earlier. Beside him, Horikita was eating the same thing and was reading a novel.

It's only been two weeks since the opening ceremony, and honestly Class D was getting more chaotic every single day. The class talked loudly, slept, played with their phones, skipped classes, were tardy and even absent for the whole day. It was a classroom no normal teacher would tolerate. But in the Advance Nurturing School, they were pretty lenient about it.

The bell rung and most of Class D who attended the class went back inside the classroom. As always, they proceeded to do whatever they wanted even with a teacher in front.

The doors opened to reveal Chabashira Sae, their homeroom teacher, enter with another guy. This caught the attention of the class as they lowered their voices slightly as the two new people entered the room.

"Take a seat, what I'm about to announce is important so listen up," Chabashira-sensei said. The class complied and went to sit down before looking towards their homeroom teacher while casting a few glances towards the other.

"Starting today, you will have a new homeroom teacher. Introduce yourself." She said to the other guy or girl.

The other had short light blue hair with light blue eyes the same color of the sky. He or she was wearing a decent teacher's uniform and he held an attendance book in his or her hands.

"I-I'm Shiota Nagisa, a teacher-in-training nice to meet you all." He said. The class looked at him for a second. Nagisa sighed before smiling a little.

"I'm a guy, by the way." He said causing those who thought otherwise look at him in surprise. Chabashira can't help but chuckle before turning to the class with a serious face.

"Both of us will be your homeroom teachers. He'll be teaching all subjects every now and then. Now, I'll leave you to it, Nagisa-kun." She said before leaving the classroom with the new teacher left inside.

Ayanokouji studied their new teacher. He definitely looked like someone in Junior High with his height and physique.

"Are you in junior high or what?" Yamauchi said out loud which made half of the class laugh and the other looked at him in disapproval.

Nagisa sighed before placing the attendance book down on the table and eyed everyone in the classroom. For the first time in a while, the class was silent as the teacher looked at them.

"Let's check attendance first." He said before opening the book. This shocked the class. It was their first attendance check in the duration of their time here in this school. Not once did the teacher even took attendance or even bother to ask where the absentees are.

"Uhm, Shiota-sensei-" Hirata started but was cut off.

"Nagisa-sensei is fine, Hirata-kun." He said. Hirata nodded before continuing.

"Uhm, is taking attendance really necessary? I mean, I'm not sure if Chabashira-sensei told you or not but teachers here don't take attendance." He said truthfully. Nagisa froze for a second before smiling.

"All teachers are different, Hirata-kun. If they don't take attendance, then I do. Alright, say 'here' when I call your name." Nagisa continued.

The class was amazed as the new teacher disregarded the fact that attendance wasn't checked before and continued on. Ayanokouji felt his lips form a small smirk.

Horikita felt her lips form a small smile when Nagisa started attendance. (Finally, a teacher who actually cares.) She thought.

"Horikita-san?"

"Here."

"Hirata-kun?"

"Here, sir."

"Ayanokouji-kun?"

"Here."

"Yamauchi-kun?"

"Here."

"Kushida-san?"

"Here, sir!"

When that was done, Nagisa turned around and started teaching. For the first time, the class was actually paying attention and didn't do what they usually do. It felt like they finally have an actual teacher.

The bell rung as Nagisa ended his lesson. He picked up his attendance book and made his way out of the classroom. When he was by the doorway, he turned to the class.

"If all of you submit your homework with the best of your efforts on time tomorrow, I'll grant you a free period on my next class." He announced before leaving the classroom.

The classroom was silent for a moment before everyone started talking about their new teacher.

"Nagisa-sensei is amazing! I actually understood what he taught us!"

"So you admit that you don't understand Chabashira-sensei's lessons before?"

"T-that's not what I meant-"

"He looks like a girl, for real."

"I know dude. He's not lying right?"

Ayanokouji sighed before looking at Horikita who looked like she was deep in thought.

"A penny for your thoughts?" He asked. Horikita glanced at him before looking at her classmates.

"Nagisa-sensei no doubt is the best teacher we had so far. He wasn't as lenient as the other teachers. I wonder why?" She said before turning to him.

"True. He even went and took attendance, which was a first." Horikita nodded at his observation.

"Maybe it's because he's a teacher-in-training? I honestly didn't expect this school to even accept teacher-in-trainings." Horikita said as she wrote things down on her notebook.

Meanwhile, Nagisa was back in the faculty room. He sighed in relief as he made his way to his new teacher's table. Hoshinomiya, Class B's homeroom teacher, turned to him with a smile.

"How was your first class here so far, Nagisa-kun?" She asked as she approached him. He gave a smile before looking down on his borrowed attendance book.

"It was alright. I honestly expected worse. Class D isn't so bad." He said which made Hoshinomiya look at him in surprise.

"Seriously? From what I heard from Sae-chan, Class D was acting like people in the mall. Only a select few were actually paying attention to class and were behaving like actual students." She said which shocked him as well. He also noticed Hoshinomiya address to Chabashira as 'Sae-chan'. He shook his head then smiled before sitting down.

"Well, I don't know. Maybe it's because it's the first day? Maybe that's why all of them seemed like normal students." He said. Chabashira entered and looked at him expectedly.

"Well? Is Class D causing you trouble?" She asked with her arms crossed across her chest. He just shook his head.

"Not at all. They were all paying attention earlier. I don't get why you seem disappointed in them." He said with a small sad look. She just stared at him for a bit before sighing.

"You'll see soon, Nagisa-kun. Anyways, thank you for taking over for today."

"No problem, Chabashira-san. It's part of becoming a teacher anyway." He said with a fond smile, remembering his old junior high teacher who was already resting with his love. He looked down on his hand, remembering the feeling of holding an Anti-sensei knife.

He sighed before preparing for his next class which will be at Class A.

----

Word Count: 1120 words