Chapter 11

"Ayanokouji-kun, let's eat together. Is that alright?" Ayanokouji blinked as he witnessed Horikita asking him out to lunch.

"That's quite unusual of you. I'm a bit nervous."

"No need to be. I'll treat you a vegetable meal set." He paused.

"That's a free meal already though."

"So you refuse? I'm just joking you know. I'll treat you."

"Are you alright, Horikita? You're scaring me."

"If mankind can't accept kindness, it would be the end, right?"

"Well, I suppose, but..."

Sighing, Ayanokouji decided to go along. He has nothing better to do anyway, plus it's a chance to actually eat out with Horikita.

(Although I have a feeling there will be a catch in this.)

Meanwhile, Nagisa was getting excited. He was coming after all, he won't be lonely anymore.

(Well, not like I'm actually lonely to begin with..) He thought as he looked down on his phone before continuing to eat his lunch.

He was eating in one of the tables in the canteen, a little bit farther from the students, but nonetheless still approachable.

Normally, he would be having lunch with Chabashira, Hoshinomiya, and Mashima-sensei. But today, all three were busy so he was left alone.

As he continues to eat, he caught sight of a rather weird pair.

(Oh? Since when did they eat together?) Nagisa thought as he watched the two Class D students buy their food, Ayanokouji buying the most expensive lunch set while Horikita took an average lunch set.

He raised a brow before shrugging. Sure, he was pretty curious, but he can't pry into their lives.

Ayanokouji felt someone's eyes on him. He tried to look for it and found Nagisa staring at him and Horikita.

(Why is he staring at us?) Ayanokouji thought before he was snapped out of his thoughts.

"Ayanokouji-kun, shall we eat?" He blinked before looking at her. She was staring intently.

"What's the matter, Ayanokouji-kun? Do you not like the food?" He shook his head before hesitantly picking up a croquette with his chopsticks.

(No doubt, there's a catch in this, and I don't think I'll like it.) He sighed before biting into the food.

A few moments passed and Ayanokouji was doubting about his doubts when-

"I know this is rather sudden, but I want to talk to you about something." He hesitantly looked at her as she locked her gaze at him.

(I knew it. I shouldn't have taken the bait.) He thought as he tried to run away but Horikita held his wrist, keeping me in place.

"Ayanokouji-kun, I'll ask again, Will you hear me out?"

"Ugh.."

"Ever since Chabashira-sensei's warning, more people started to arrive on time and listened to the teacher during class. I'm obviously not exaggerating if I say that one of the biggest reasons why our class got in trouble is now gone."

"Yeah, true. It's not exactly a hard issue in the first place."

(There was no guarantee that things would continue like this, but at least these last few days had been much more better than before.) Ayanokouji monologued.

"That's one step done. Next step is improving our chances of getting good marks for this upcoming midterms. Hirata-kun started taking action towards that end earlier."