Chapter 2 - Loss

It's been a week since you didn't see Hisoka. You don't know why but you kind of miss his presence.

Reader pov

It is now close to 6 pm. There were not much costumers for today. I decide to prepare to close the store. I checked the time and it would be 6:15 pm. I locked the door of the shop and walk back to my home. On the way home, i felt like someone is following me, but i just shrug it off and decide to walk a little bit faster just incase someone really did following me.

Hisoka pov

I've been following her while hiding my presence with zetsu. It's quite surprising that she's able to notice that somebody is following her. How interesting. It makes me want to dig her little secret even more~. The way she walks faster and felt the terror of someone following her, oooh~ it is really fun to watch indeed, but it is not the time to show my self for now.

After some times, she finally arrived at a small looking house.

"Oh? So that's where she lives at eh?~"
i said as i smirked, still hiding my presence.

She entered in the house, i quickly move to the nearest window and take a peek of what's inside the house from the outside.

"Did you get your paycheck yet?" I heard a voice from the inside, the voice sounds like a 40 years old-ish man. I Assume that's y/n's father or so.
"No... Not yet, the boss didnt come to the shop today, i do hope they'll give my paycheck tomorrow..."

I heard y/n's voice, the voice would be so different, it doesn't sound happy and friendly as usual. As a matter of fact, it sounds like it is in fear. I heard a loud thud sound. I see the man slammed y/n's head to the table.

"it's already at the beginning of new month and you didnt bring any money yet?! You useless piece of shit!" Yelled the man.

Y/n stood there with teary eyes, while still hearing the man yelling toward her. The man looks drunk and probably is. Couple of minutes later, i saw y/n went into a room, i assume she's heading to her room now.

"What a poor little thing~" i mumbled.
"Maybe i should help her get rid of that pig since she always treat me with politeness~" i said as i begin to let out a sinister chuckle.

I waited until 12 am. The man still drunk, as well he was drinking more liquor. I'd then feel another presence outside the house, it was Illumi.

"Illumi? I wonder what is he doing here? Things are getting interesting, i suppose i shall not interfere and just watch from the distance~" i mumbled to my self as i found a perfect hiding spot to lurk.

Y/n pov

It's 12 am. I couldn't sleep because mr. Gutam, the man that supposed to take care of me since my parents death, couldn't keep his mouth shut from being drunk. He keeps yelling and smashing bottles. I began to feel concerned.

"Y/N!!! BRING ME MORE ALCOHOL DAMN IT!!"

i immediately came out of the room and ran to the kitchen to get more alcohol for him. As soon as i head toward where he was, He's already at the ground.

You saw some needles on the back of his neck. You'd then see a man you've never seen before. He has long black silky hair, and black eyes that look so monotone. I stood there, strangely i didn't feel any fear, i feel more relieved than scared.

 I stood there, strangely i didn't feel any fear, i feel more relieved than scared

"Shouldn't have kept your guard down, Mr. Gutam." Said the long haired man. He'd then noticed my presence.

"Are you not scared?" He asked with his monotone voice.

I looked at him and said "I.... I'm actually feel grateful, I'd like to thank you because i wouldn't able to do this..." I answered.

"Thankful? Eh, it's not really my business to know why, and you are free to go since you're not my target. I shall now leave this place since i finished my mission." He said before he disappeared in an instant.

Illumi pov

I would be outside the house, I'd notice a figure that i known. It was Hisoka.

"Why are you here?" I asked

Hisoka chuckled with his famous chuckle.

"Why don't you explain first, since i was here first~" he answered.

"Well, i had this mission to finish off Mr. Gutam. It's a good money and i didn't expect that it would be this easy. It would be more troublesome if he wasn't drunk, though. Now you may explain why are you here." I answered

"Well, I'm pretty sure you saw a young lady inside, and i happen to know her~ i was following her for fun, but then i saw you. So i decide to watch the scene from the distance~" he answered.

"Verywell, because i do not want you to get your hand on my mission without my permission." I said.

"I know that, Illumi. That's why as a good acquaintance, i decide to not interfere~" he said as he walks away.

I decide to head back home after that.