Chapter 3 - Invitation to a party

It's been 2 weeks after that scene happened. Everybody felt bad for your loss, but you didnt feel bad at all. You just do your regular job like before without worrying to have to bring money and waste it on your adoptive father figure that doesn't even care about you, all he cares are his alcohol and money

--mr. Gutam's backstory--

Mr. Gutam was y/n's foster father. He knew y/n's father when he's still alive. Her father told him to take care of y/n whenever he's gone, and unfortunately he's gone forever with his wife from an accident. Mr. Gutam did what he said, even though it wasnt as y/n's parents expectated. Also, mr. Gutam is a nen user, he is an enchanter. He failed the hunter application not because he wasnt powerful enough to be one, but he wasn't wise enough to be a hunter. So he's only working as a freelance assassin.
Y/n didn't even know that he worked as an assassin and currently on the wanted list.

Back to story

Reader pov

It's almost time to close. I'd prepare the stuff before the store is close. I noticed that is someone standing right next to the door. It was Hisoka.

"Ah, Hisoka! It's been a while! Are you looking for bungee gum?"
I asked as i smiled at him

"Why hello there y/n~" he greeted me back with his classic soft voice.

He walked closer to me and watching me tidy up the stuff while folding his arm while leaning on the wall. I took some bungee gums out of the box and gave it to him.

"Here's the bungee gum that you're looking for!" I said while giving him a wide smile.

"I didn't say I'm here for bungee gums. I'm here to ask something to you,
y/n~" said the magenta haired man.

"Im sorry! I should've paid more attention! Anyways, what do you want to ask, Hisoka?" I asked

"Are you free after this? Perhaps i could take you to a dinner and we could get to know each other~" he smirked.

"Ah, yes I'm free! But i will have to change to a suitable outfit first though... Hahah!" I answered while chuckling and scratching the back of my head.

"I don't want to embarrassed you by wearing my work outfit while we're having a splendid dinner!" I continued.

He looked at you. He'd then smirked.

"Verywell then, y/n. i shall pick you up later, i need to get dressed as well~. I'll meet you here at 7pm." He said while walking away.

Hisoka pov

I almost say to meet her at her house, she'd be suspicious if i said so, and of course i dont want to lose my toy~

I head back to my apartment that I'm staying for temporary, it wasn't too far away from the candy shop. I took a quick shower and let my wavy hair down. After i took a shower, i dried my self and put on a fancy suit. I looked my self at the mirror and decide to just let my hair down. I'd check the time, it would be 6:40 pm. Ah~ i need to go see y/n now. I can't wait to see what dress is she wearing.

It would be 7pm now. I'd wait infront of the candy shop. I'd see y/n standing there already.

"I'm sorry to keep you waiting, y/n~"
I said.

She didn't recognize me at first probably because of my hair.
"Hisoka?"

"it is indeed i, Hisoka. was it not obvious enough for you~?" I teased

"I-i'm sorry i just never saw you with your hair down!" She said.