Chapter 8 - Competition part 2

Y/n and Illumi would now be on stage 4 with other 8 participants left.

"Congratulations for 10 participants who passed stage 3! Now we're going to bumper cars arena for stage 4!"

Everyone would proceed to the bumper cars arena.

each bumper cars has 1 flag on it

"Okay everyone, let me explain on how the challenge works! You have to steal 2 flags from 5 teams! So, Are you ready?!" Shouted the host.

Everyone would get into the bumper cars and get ready.

Reader pov

Illumi and I would get in to the bumper car.

"I'll dri-" said Illumi before i cut him off.

"No, let me drive! Trust me!" I said as i feel pumped up.

"Sure." Said Illumi as he sat on the passenger seat.

All of the participants would wait until the host gave us signal to begin.

"1.... 2.... 3.... GO!!!" Shouted the host.

I gassed up the pedal and stir the wheel toward my first target. I bumped on my first target's bumper car while stiring the wheel and also hit the breaks at the same time while Illumi grabs the first flag. It was successful.

Illumi's pov

It was too easy. Y/n would drive to the second team as she turned the bumper car. Before we manage to get closer to the second team, another team would aready took the flag. Y/n would drive to a different team.

In the middle of driving I'd spot a thread. Ah, seems like there's another nen user here. I'd slip my leg to the break pedal and hit the breaks.

"Illumi?! Why did you do that?!" She asked.

I'd point at the thread.

"Can you see that? If not, I'll need to take over the drive seat." I said.

She'd look closer.

"A thread...? Isn't that cheating?!" She said.

I figured that she could see the thread as well since she could use nen already.

"It doesn't matter. The host probably couldn't see it. Just keep your eye on the thre-" before i could finish someone would stole our flag.

It was a ponytailed man with mustache and a pink haired girl. I assume they're the nen users. We fell into their trap.

"Y/n, reverse the car." I said as i thought of a plan.

"Why?" She asked.

"Just do what i said" i answered.

She'd reverse the car.

"Now try to hit the pink haired lady and the dude with mustache while you're reversing" i said

She'd do what i said.

The pink haired lady and the mustache dude dodge us as i expected.

No one's pov

Machi and Nobunaga dodge Illumi and y/n's car. But the just made a mistake, another car would bump on them while there isn't a chance to dodge the car. It appears that Illumi attached his needles to the one that's bumping to Machi and Nobunaga's car.

Y/n would drive closer to Machi and Nobunaga's car, but Illumi snatched the flag of the one who bumped into Machi and Nobunaga.

"Why didn't you take the flag from the pink haired girl and the mustache guy?" Y/n asked.

"I want them to compete with us next." Answered Illumi.

Seems like the only contestant left is y/n - Illumi and Machi -Nobunaga.

"Seems like we have out final candidates here ladies and gentlemen!!!" Said the host.

Y/n, Illumi, Machi, and Nobunaga would follow the host to proceed to stage 5.

"Ladies and gentlemen!! This is what you've been waiting for!!! Welcome to stage 5! I'll now explain what will you need to do at stage 5! Honestly stage 5 is the easiest! You'll have to do the pocky challenge with your partner! How ever, If the pocky breaks before you get to kiss your partner, you'll be disqualified!" Said the host while giving each team 1 pocky.

"Ready...? GO!!!" Shouted the host.

Reader pov

I put the pocky in my mouth, and Illumi started to put his mouth at the other side of the pocky. My heart would be beating so fast. Ah this is crazy, am i really going to kiss Illumi? I mean... The prize is kinda worth it... But... I just officially know Illumi since yesterday... Is he really okay with it...? I'd like to know his thought rightnow..

After sometimes, my face would be a few centimeters away from Illumi's face.

No body's pov

"Gaaah! I can't do this anymore, I'd never kiss a stanky ass like you!" Machi yelled as she breaks the pocky.

"Who are you calling stanky ass?! Fuck! I wouldn't even want to date you!" Yelled Nobunaga.

"Oooh!! What is going on there!! Seems like there's a conflict between those lovebirds!" Said the host.

"Who said we're lovers?! We just here for the cash!" Said Machi.

"Right! I thought we dont need to do these type of stuff, dang it!" Nobunaga continued.

"Seems like team A (team Illumi) is win by default! Will they still finish the pocky even though they've won the competition?!" Said the host.

The crowd would be cheering for y/n and Illumi to kiss.

Illumi was about to take his lips off the pocky and the host would *intentionally* push y/n toward Illumi.

Reader pov

Illumi caught me as our lips landed on each other. The crowds would be cheering even more. Illumi face would still be as monotone as ever, and meanwhile here i am feeling totally embarrassed. But my embarrassment was paid with the prize.