Chapter 7 - Competition

Y/n and Illumi finally passed to stage 2.

"Congratulations for every couple who passed to stage 2!!! Now, follow me to proceed to stage 2 everyone!!!" Said the host while leading the way.

All of the contestants who passed would follow the host.

"Let me explain what do you have to do in stage 2. In this stage, you will be separated with your partner, and the female partners have to find their male partners. Male partners aren't allowed to speak. And Female partners aren't allowed to take a peek under their blindfold or they'll be disqualified." Explained the host while giving the female contestants a blind fold.

Reader pov

I'd wear the blindfold and stood at the line with the other female contestants.

"Here we go!! 1... 2... 3... GO!!!" Yelled the host with excitement.

It will be so hard for me to navigate my self since i couldn't see the road. I'd walk straight while slightly bumping into other contestants.
I suddenly feel an enormous aura coming from the east. I'd follow where the aura came from. The aura feels stronger and stronger as i follow it. I'd feel a presence after some time following the aura, i pur my hands out infront of me and I'd feel I'm touching someone's arm.

I opened my blindfold and it was Illumi's arm that i was touching.

"How did you able to found me?" He asked.

"I don't know. I just felt some kind of... Energy...? I dont know how to describe it, but i decided to follow the energy." I answered.

Illumi pov

As i thought, she isn't just an ordinary girl. She could feel my aura, but she doesn't know what it is. Hisoka, is this why you're so interested at her? You knew she isn't ordinary but you're not sure yet, is that it, Hisoka?

"Illumi, are you ok?" She asked while starring at me with confusion.

"I'm fine, i was just thinking about something." I answered.

I'd wait with y/n to get to the next stage.

Narrator

There would be 24 contestants left.

"Congratulations for all of 24 contestants!!! Follow me to proceed to stage 3!!!" Said the host while walking to another arena.

All of the 24 are brought to a stage. There would be people and judges watching from outside the stage.

"Now! In stage 3, it is time for the male contestants to do their action! Let me explain what you must do in stage 3, You must flirt with your partner! The one who got the least points fron the judges will be eliminated! And before we begin, we will give every each of you a queue number! So if we called your number, you and your partner must come up to the stage." Explained the host.

Everyone would go to the back stage and wait for their queue number to be called. Y/n and Illumi got number 6 for their queue number.

After some times of waiting, it would be theur turn to get to the stage.

"Number 6! Please come out to the stage!" Said the host.

"That's us! Let's go, Illumi!" Said y/n while standing up, waiting for Illumi.

Y/n and Illumi would be at the stage.

"You may begin to flirt your partner now" said the judge.

Illumi would ve starring at me.

"Excuse me, i think you have something in your eye" Illumi began to speak.

The crowd would be silent, waiting for him to continue.

"Ah, nope. It's just a sparkle."
He continues while making this expression.

some of the crowd would be laughing and some would be boo-ing at him

"Is that guy being serious?!"
"This isnt a comedy stand!"
"Flirt seriously god damn it!!"
"I feel bad for your girl"

All of that could be heard at the crowd.

Reader pov

Ah crap... Illumi is so bad at flirting... We're gonna lose if he keeps going with his silly flirts. I need to do something...

I sudenly see a parfume on my hand, the color would be pink. I kind of recognize the power i have since that incident. I sprayed the parfume on his face and begin to think of a flirt line.

I remember that in Valentines days, some buyer would asked me an idea of a short poem to write on the letter. Well, i guess that's kind of useful for now.

No one's pov

" I wrote your name in the sky, a cloud removed that. I wrote your name in the sand, the wind blew that away. I wrote your name in my heart, nothing can remove that. " (credit to google lol)

Said Illumi that's manipulated by y/n.

The crowds began to clap on them.
"Oh now he's being serious"
"That's honestly not bad at all"
You'd now heard that from the crowds.

Y/n and Illumi would receive 9 points.

Reader pov

I'd spray the parfume one more time at Illumi's face to remove the effect. Illumi would look confused.

"Aren't we supposed to be at the stage?" He asked.

"It's over, Illumi." I answered.

"Oh, did we lost?" He asked again.

"No, we receive 9 points, but i had to use that weird ability i had before when we're at the ballroom." I answered.

"Did you manipulate me?" He asked again.

"Yeah... I'm sorry, but i had to" i answered while scrathing the back of my head and smiling with guilt.

"It's fine, we're here for the moneys anyways, right. And It's also a good money." Said Illumi as he shrugged.

There would be 10 contestants left.