All Dressed in White

Diana and Anne walked the forest on a warm morning in late June, catching up on the recent developments in their lives. Diana had been busy helping with the repairs at the house that she and Jerry would eventually move into after their wedding, and Anne had been working on elaborate plans for her wedding to Gilbert. She held Diana's hand and grazed her thumb over the soft opal engagement ring and looked it over in the light.

"It really captures every color of the rainbow in the light doesn't it? Not only beautiful and colorful, but it's soft and delicate too. A little bit like your relationship. I still can't believe YOU, Diana Barry, are getting married to an Acadian farm hand. Who could have predicted that!"

"Certainly not me. But sometimes I think back to those days when I imagined myself in France or married to a wealthy business man and I cringe. I could never have survived that. How bleak."

They took a seat on a fallen log deep into the forest, just a few steps away from their old story book club.

"Ok Diana, I have a surprise". She pulled out an envelope addressed to Anne Shirley Cuthpert and opened it to reveal another sealed envelope that said TO BE READ BY ANNE AND DIANA ONLY.

"A letter from Ruby!" Diana shouted, and slid over to read it with Anne.

Dear Diana and Anne,

I'm sorry its taken me so long to write to you. I was waiting for the perfect moment where I could be alone and tell you all the latest things that have been happening in my life. It's a beautiful and warm June day in Bromont and I am looking over a small village from the hill top of our temporary home. When we arrived in April, it was still very cold and the hill tops still had enough snow to look like the Rocky Mountains of Alberta. Now the weather is warm and I enjoy taking quiet walks near the house and feeling the warmth on my skin.

Bromont is situated at the base of Mount Brome so the views outside our window are breathtaking. You couldn't imagine the grandeur of the mountains until you're standing right below them.  There are two lakes nearby that we go too often and Moody has been teaching me to swim.

Everything has been incredibly peaceful and lovely. The community of Irish settlers here are a little rowdy but very kind and hospitable. Our home is a small two bedroom house and the exterior is a light but cheery blue with a peaked roof. It came filled with everything we needed and the community certainly made us feel welcome immediately. Moody and I were taken straight to our house the morning we arrived and were told to make ourselves at home. We even found the pantry and ice house stocked full of food. We've had very little to do so Moody can really focus on his work.

Our first night in the house was really quite magical. All the worries and concerns I had just melted away. I don't know why I was so worried because Moody follows me around like a lost puppy. You were right when you said he's been smitten with me since our senior year and I am happy that has not worn off. My belly is growing and the clothing you sent for me has come in handy. I feel like a whole new person and Moody says I am more beautiful than ever. I've enjoyed puttering around the house and getting things ready for the baby. We have set up our little nook with the clothes and books and toys you prepared for us and Moody got a rocking chair and a cradle from a local merchant here. It's an exciting time. I've been enjoying preparing meals for us and Anne's cook book has come in very handy. I am not as bad of a cook as I thought I was.

Page two- pls burn this page after reading this;

Last week I wrote to my parents to let them know that I am having a baby. So right now they think I am only 2 months pregnant. The baby should come in October if all goes well for me but if my parents calculate correctly, I am only due in January.