xxi

༺❀✿❀⋆❀✿❀༻

It seemed like Ayla has been getting herself in awkward situations lately. It wasn't like she had done it on purpose, it was more of having fate lead her there. But who was she to talk about fate when she didn't exactly believe in it.

༺❀✿❀⋆❀✿❀༻

"I didn't know you had a guest over Inaylah." My dad spoke up, eying Dream, as he and my mom walked in to see him by the dining table.

He immediately stands up and gives them a smile, but it wasn't returned.

He looks to me and I gave him a sad smile, mouthing sorry. "I'll just head to Ayla's room." He says excusing himself.

Before he could fully walk out, my mom stops him. "What are you taking in university?" She tries to pry.

"Mom." I began but she holds up her hand to stop me. He turns around to look back at my parents.

"I don't actually go to college." He answers.

"So a gap year?" She asked once more.

He scratches the back of his neck, "Uh no, to pursue what I wanted." 

I hear a disappointed sigh leave her lips, "Don't tell me you're doing that online thing like Inaylah here." She states motioning towards me.

He gives a nod. "How do your parents feel about it?" Now, it was my dads turn to ask him.

"Would you guys stop interrogating him?" I interrupt before they grill him even more. I balled my hand into a fist, my nails digging down onto my own palm.

"Honey, we're only asking innocent questions." My mom turns to look back at me.

Apparently, asking how they were or how their day is going, isn't a conversation starter.

"It's okay Ayla." He says looking at me, "They're actually very supportive with what I do and are happy that I enjoy it." He began, looking at me briefly and back at them. "Even if they weren't, I know they won't do anything to sabotage their kids happiness." He claps back.

He definitely left both my parents stunned with his last statement. I smiled as he walks off towards the room.

"Right, when is the agent arriving." I asked, breaking the silence looking back at both my parents.

My dad clears his throat, "In a few minutes." He says looking down at his watch.

I give them a nod, "Well, I'm going to grab my phone in my room." I said walking off from the both of them.

Once I reached my door, twisting the knob and walking in, I let out an exasperated sigh.

I look at Dream who was picking up patches from my chair. "I sorry about them." I said giving him a tight smile.

He shakes his head, "It wasn't your fault." He says, "They're very..." He trails off, not wanting to offend.

"Invasive? Yeah, they are. Don't worry, you're not the first to not find a liking towards them. Indi dislikes them a lot despite her being the only one they like since she's currently in uni. Corpse probably dislikes them the most." I stated taking a seat beside him on my bed."They briefly met Emma and didn't really like her but she could care less about what they think of her."