xxxii

༺❀✿❀⋆❀✿❀༻

Ayla seemed to feel much better the next day. Punz didn't force her to tell him what happened and why she came back crying, which she was grateful for. He understood that she'd probably wanted to talk about something else and get her mind off things.

So that's what they did the rest of the night. Talk about the most random things and ended up chatting up until sunrise. Most guests were already gone asides from Punz and all her closest friends who stayed the night.

Although her habit of avoiding things wasn't going to cut through this time, especially if she wanted to avoid losing anymore friendships.

༺❀✿❀⋆❀✿❀༻

"Did the both of you not sleep at all?" Indi asks as she walked in on both Luke and I on the couch talking.

She seemed to have just woken up and was rubbing her eyes. "You kinda look like a mess." I tell her as I see her still in yesterday's clothes and her hair was all over the place.

"Gee, thanks Ayla. Just what I wanted to hear the first thing I wake up." She tells me rolling her eyes as she walks towards the kitchen, clearly hangover.

"Well, I'm gonna go talk to her. You should probably sleep." I tell him as I get up from the couch. "The last room at the end of the hall upstairs should be free." I tell him giving a small smile as I walk towards the direction where Indi was.

"Hey..." I trailed off. "I can make breakfast and the green smoothie if you want." I tell her as she was staring at the pantry not knowing what to get.

She groans, "That drink is so not good. It literally tastes like ass." She says looking back at me. "But breakfast does sound nice." She grins and sits on top of the kitchen island.

I walk around the kitchen grabbing a coconut water from the fridge and throwing it towards her. "Drink this one instead." I tell her as I grab what I needed for breakfast.

"So last night..." She trailed off, "What happened?" She asks, talking about when I walked in with tear stained cheeks and puffy eyes.

I frown replaces the smile that was on my face. "Well he made me feel like the bad guy." I said looking at her, "Dream saw Luke and I. He um... he was kinda livid when I was trying to talk to him."

"Ayla... I thought you said you were going to tell him how you felt before pursuing anything.." She looks at me with a disappointed glint in her eye.

I sighed as I grab the bowl for the eggs. "I was but I didn't know when the right time was." I answered as I placed bread on the toaster.

"Obviously before you started anything with Punz." She tells me.

"I'm not in the mood to be scolded right now Indi."

I could feel her stare at me as I made her breakfast. "I love you okay? But all I'm saying is maybe you should've waited and told Dream instead of going for Punz right away." She began, "Look, as much as I want you and Punz together, you shouldn't have hurt Dream in that way."

"How was I supposed to even know he was going to come up and find for me?" I said looking at her.

She pinches the bridge of her nose, "Ayla that's not the point, would you stop—" She gets cut off by Hayes walking in.