xxxvi

༺❀✿❀⋆❀✿❀༻

Ayla was back to overthinking. Surely she thought he hadn't heard what she said, or maybe he did but didn't comment on it. Maybe he thought she was just being friendly or he doesn't think its anything serious.

Ayla was too focused on wanting him to come over that she didn't think about her last words being the 'L' word. All she could think of is maybe she ruined her chance, like was it too soon, too clingy? She didn't have an answer for it. She just hoped it wasn't to be asked when he arrived.

On the other hand, she felt kinda glad her parents were seperating. Sure she had a strained relationship with them but seeing all the shit she was put through just because of how toxic they were for each other made her feel as though maybe her relationship with her father won't be as bad.

༺❀✿❀⋆❀✿❀༻

"I'm right outside, should I just walk in?" I hear him ask through the call.

I nodded, "Yeah, just walk in." It was an hour or so since my parents left and all I could think about it how much shit just went through the past few hours. They weren't gone, gone seeing as I'd get another visit from them tomorrow.

I hear the door from the kitchen as I paced back and forth. I felt so lightheaded and wished everything that happened today was just a mere dream.

"Ayla?" I hear him ask, I look up and I see him standing by the kitchen door.

I walked up to him and gave him a hug, "Thanks for coming on such short notice." I mumbled.

"Hey, it's fine. You needed me." He says as he rubs my back. "Is everything okay?"

A question I didn't want to answer as I felt like I'd be back to tears. "God, Luke I'm such a fuck up." I said pulling away from the hug.

Sure I was able to speak my mind against my mother but hell, her words still cut deep. You'd think I'd be fine with all the shit I was finally able to say but hell, she was still my mother and no matter what, it still sucked to be treated the way she treats me.

"What happened?" He genuinely asks, looking a worried.

"My parents came to visit. They found out where I lived, I don't know how seeing as I know none of you guys would say a word. You'd think my mother would finally see and get sense of how happy I was now but she tends to ruin everything. They're also getting a divorce, kinda glad for my dad to be able to get out of the relationship they've had but I just feel as if everything my mom says is true." I let out a sigh.

I leaned back the kitchen counter and he does the same beside me. "You know, she wasn't always like that. She used to really care about me and how I really was before everything. It's like she just woke up one day and decided to change things up for me, but who was I to argue... I didn't know any better, I was just 8."

Silence overtook the room before he finally spoke up, "Whatever shit your mother said wasn't true. Look how successful you are while doing what you enjoy the most. She may not see it now, but a lot of us are so proud of you, hell even ask corpse and the rest. You should see how far you've come." He tells me, "I may not know the complete story to what she put you through but just know you're worth more than what she says you are."