~8~

A/N this chapter? She's a mess. We didn't edit her (we being me and the voice in my head) so there might be some mistakes but oh well

• • •

"Azula?" You said as you approached her. Since the failed attempt at getting Zuko and Iroh home she had been on edge.

"What?" She snapped.

"I've been thinking, and I don't think it's the best idea to use this ship to find Zuko and Uncle. They'll see us coming from a mile away."

"You right. If we want to catch our prey we must be agile, nimble. We need a small elite team," She smirked, "Y/N, I think it's time to visit some old friends."

***

When you told Azula that the giant fire nation ship was not a good idea, you didn't realize she would want to get Mai and Ty Lee.

It made sense, Mai was a skilled knife thrower, she could hit any target with her eyes closed. And Ty Lee was an excellent chi blocker, and very flexible. But you weren't the most excited at the idea of seeing Mai again.

You and Mai dated for 5 months when you were 15. It was wonderful, she was wonderful. But you haven't seen her since the break up, and you're afraid any lingering feelings might get in the way.

Azula knew this, of course. She knows everything.

She just loves to put me out of my comfort zone, doesn't she? You thought.

"It looks like we're here," Azula said and you realized that while you had been thinking, you reached the circus.

Ty Lee, on the other hand, was someone you were excited to see. She had always been such a kind friend, but you hadn't seen her since she ran off and joined the circus.

"Ty Lee, is that you?" You and Azula said at the same time, she glared at you out of the corner of her eye.

"Azula? Y/N? It's so good to see you," Ty Lee said (very enthusiastically) as she gave both Azula and you hugs, "What are you doing here?"

"You remember Zuko and Iroh, right?" Ty Lee nodded her head.

"Well, we were wondering if you would help us find them."

"I'd love to, but I can't. The circus is my home, I love it here."

"Understandable," You said, "We can't ask you to leave your home and career." Ty Lee gave you another hug and then continued to stretch.

"But," Azula said as the two of you started to walk away, "Before we go, we'll catch your show."

Ty Lee froze with nerves and shock.
"Yeah, that's great."

***

After Azula lit the net under Ty Lee on fire and basically threatened her life, she agreed to join you. It wasn't the best method, but it worked.

"So," Ty Lee said as the three of you made your way out of the circus, "Where are we going first?"

Azula was the one to answer, "We are headed to Omashu to find Mai."

Ty Lee seemed very excited at this.
"Oh," She said, "I haven't seen Mai in years, this is goin to be so much fun!"

"Yeah," You muttered, "Fun."

"Ignore her," Azula said, "She's just afraid to see Mai again."

"I'm not afraid!" You said, "I just don't want it to be awkward."

"Why would it be awkward?" Ty Lee asked innocently.

"Mai and Y/N dated for a while, but Mai broke her heart and Y/N still has feelings for her," Azula answered.

"She did not break my heart," You said, offended that Azula would say such a thing, "We mutually agreed that being together wasn't the best idea. And I do not still have feelings for her!"

Azula rolled her eyes, "Whatever you say."

***

You finally arrived at Omashu and were surprised to see there were no citizens roaming the streets.

"Please tell me you're here to kill me." Mai said as she saw Azula.

"Mai!" Ty Lee ran up to her and threw her arms around the moody girl in a hug.

"Ty Lee?" Mai asked, "I thought you ran off and joined the circus, you said it was your calling."

"Well, Y/N and Azula called a little louder."

Mai's eyes went large at the mention of your name.
"Y/N's here?"

"Hi," You said, stepping into view.

"Y/N," Mai said, bowing, "Why are you here?"

Just as you were about to respond azula cut you off.

"We need your help to find our crazy old uncle and Zuko."

"Anything to get me out of this dump."

Well, You thought, looks like the team is getting back together.