~9~

You were walking around Mai's house, waiting for her to finish packing all her knifes. Seriously, how many knifes does that girl have?

You came across a door and decided to see where it lead. Opening it, you found Mai. Bad idea, You thought, bad idea!

"Um, hey." You awkwardly said.

"Hi." Mai replied, turning back around to grab something off her bedside table.

You took a deep breath and spoke, "Look, Mai, I know it's probably pretty awkward because of the break up, but I was hoping we could try and be friends again. If not, then we need to at least work together for this mission."

"You're the one making it awkward," She said, "But sure, we can be friends again."

You let out a breath you had been holding and smiled.
"Okay, great."

***

Mai had informed Azula, Ty Lee, and You about the hostage trade that was happening today. You were shocked to learn that her brother had been kidnapped, and that all the citizens had left the city.

"How could you just let them leave." You said to Mai's father.

"I'm sorry Princess I-"

"Stop," Azula said, interrupting him, "My sister will handle the hostage trades so you don't have a chance to mess it up."

She turned to you, "Now go get ready, they'll be here soon."

***

"I'm bored," Mai said to no one in particular.

"Me too, and I'm never bored," Ty Lee said with a flail of her arms.

"Well it looks like you won't be bored for much longer," You said standing up and motioning for them to do the same, "They've arrived."

The three of you walked out to meet the three people that had Mai's brother. You recognized them, the two wearing blue were the water tribe siblings traveling with the Avatar. And the one wearing a hideous orange and yellow combination must be the be avatar.

"We have him," The one wearing orange said, "Now give us the King."

You motioned for King Bumi to be brought down, and we're about to hand him over when Azula rounded the corner.

She came over to you and whispered in your ear, "We're trading a two year old for a powerful earthbending King. Does that seem fair to you?"

You shook your head, then turned around to face the three teens.

"The deal is off."

"What!" They shouted in unison.

Azula spoke up, "We're not trading a powerful earthbending king for a baby. Sorry."

King Bumi was pulled back up and the one wearing the orange went after him. His hood fell off to reveal a blue arrow.

Your eyes widened at the realization that you were correct, "The Avatar," You whispered.

You turned to Azula to see that she had realized as well. She nodded her head, and the two of you went after him.

You followed Azula up the half built wall, and saw the Avatar trying to get the King out of his metal cage.

"Give me a boost." Azula ordered you.

You held out your hands and she stepped on them. You gave her a boost into the air and she shot some blue fire at the Avatar, making him fall onto the mail chute.

You ran to get a mail cart and went down the chute as well, with Azula close behind.

You created a ball of fire in your hand and threw it at the Avatar. He dodged it and you threw another.

A beam of blue fire shot above your head and just missed the Avatar. You turned around and yelled at Azula.

"Watch where you're shooting! You almost hit me."

She just ignored you and shot another.

You jumped up off your mail cart when the Avatar destroyed some wooden beams, making them land on the chute behind him.

You heard him sigh in relief when he turned around and didn't see you or Azula. You smirked as you jumped in front of him and threw another ball of fire.

He screamed.

It looked like he was dancing with the way he was dodging your attacks and Azula's. But then he knocked you off the chute with his staff, and King Bumi earthbended Azula off the chute as well.

You could only watch as he rode away.

***

"Well that failed," Mai deadpanned as you and Azula arrived back at her house.

"I thought we really had them this time." You muttered.

"We almost did," Ty Lee said, "I chi blocked that water tribe girl, and we would've had her if the water tribe boy hadn't got in the way."

"I have to admit," You said, "They're good."

"Well, we are better," Azula said, she sounded mad, "Uncle and Zuko will have to wait, we have some new targets."

A/N I'm so bad at writing fight scenes lol but I hoped you still liked it

I've also started writing an atla high school au. It's mostly just for fun, but should I post it? (It's a text fic so it's written in text messages)