~15~

A/N so, I just found out that this month (April) is zutara month, and I'm lowkey upset that zutara gets a whole month and zukka only gets a week.

Anyways, here's the next chapter
• • •

After talking to Long Feng, you and Azula gathered the Dai Li in the throne room.

"The Earth King and The Council of Five do not trust the Dai Li," Azula spoke calmly, like a leader, "They imprisoned your leader, Long Feng, and soon they will turn on you all and eliminate you. Seizing power today is a matter of life or death. This coup must be swift and decisive. The Earth King and each of the five generals must be taken out simultaneously. Long Feng has placed you in mine and my sister's command while we overthrow the government. If we sense any disloyalty, any hesitation, any weakness at all, we will not hesitate to snuff it out," She glared at one of the agents who was sweating for a second before continuing, "That is all."

The Dai Li bowed, then exited.

Azula walked over to Ty Lee, who was pouring a cup of tea.

"Nice speech, Azula," Ty Lee said, handing Azula a cup of tea, "It was pretty and poetic, but also scary in a good way."

"Yeah," Mai said, amused, "I thought you were going to make that one guy pee his pants."

You giggled at Mai's comment and the girl with the knives turned to look at you.

You and Mai hadn't talked much since you agreed to be friends again, but she offered you a small smile and you gave one back. At least she was making an effort.

"There are still a few lose ends," Azula said, siping her tea thoughtfully, "The Avatar, and Zuko and uncle."

"Your plan is brilliant, Azula. It will work." She looked at you, a bit shocked at the praise. You hadn't really told her that she was good at something since you were kids. She already had everyone in the whole palace telling her that all the time! But at the end of the day, she was your younger sister, and it was as your job to make sure she knew her worth. And her plan was brilliant, no one could deny that.

Azula gave you a brief nod and left.

***

You were waiting by the door when your uncle and brother showed up. They walked into the palace and sat down, waiting for the king.

"What's taking so long," You heard Zuko say.

"Maybe the Earth King overslept?"

The Dai Li surrounded them in a circle, and you and Azula walked out.

"It's tea time!" You announced.

Zuko's eyes widened as he quickly stood up, "Y/N! Azula!"

"Have you meet the Dai Li," Azula asked innocently, "They're earthbenders but they have a killer instinct that's so firebender. I just love it."

Uncle Iroh stood up, holding a cup of tea and spoke, "Did I ever tell you how I got the nickname "The Dragon of the West"?"

Azula rolled her eyes, "I'm not interested in a lengthy anecdote, Uncle."

"It's more if a demonstration, really."

He took a sip of his tea, shared a look with Zuko, and began breathing fire.

The Dai Li agents moved out of the way to avoid being set of fire, but as your brother and uncle ran away they followed. The Dai Li shot rocks at them and you saw your uncle jump out of the building.

"Come on," You heard him shout, "You'll be fine!"

"No," Zuko said, "I'm tired of running! It's time I faced my sisters."