~18~

A/N I haven't updated in a while, sorry :/ there's been a lot happening in my life lately, so I needed a break from writing. I also decided to split this episode into two chapters because it's a bit long for just one. There may be some mistakes because I'd didn't edit it, but oh well
• • •

You, Azula, Zuko, Mai, and Ty Lee were on a boat, heading to Ember Island. Your father had told you to spend the weekend there so he could meet with his advisors in private.

"I'm so excited to spend the weekend on Ember Island," Ty Lee said, "It's going to be great to hang out on the beach and do nothing."

Zuko angrily stood up, "Doing nothing is a waste of time! We're being sent away on a forced vacation. I feel like a child."

"Lighten up. So Dad wants to meet with his advisers alone, without anyone else around. Don't take it personally," Azula said, sound annoyed with him, and you couldn't blame her. Zuko was being an annoying angst teenager.

He sent you a look and you stuck your tongue out at him. He rolled his eyes, muttering something under his breath.

"Doesn't your family have a house in Ember Island?"

Azula turned to Ty Lee, answering her question, "We used to come every summer when we were kids."

"That must have been fun!"

Zuko scoffed, looking off into the distance sadly, "That was a long time ago."

The boat pulled into the dock and the five of you got off. Lo and Li were waiting for you on the docks.

"Welcome to Ember Island, kids," They said at the same time.

"It smells like old lady in here," Zuko whispered as you walked into Lo and Li's house.

"Gee," Mai sarcastically whispered back, "I wonder why."

Ty Lee pointed to a painting in the wall of two young women in yellow bikinis posing back-to-back.

"Who are these two beautiful women," She asked.

"Can't you tell," Lo said.

"It's Lo and me," Li said at the same time as Lo said, "It's Li and me."

After that they showed you to your rooms, and Ty Lee exclaimed about how beautiful the bed sheets were.

The five of you decided to go the the beach and hang out, though you were sure that meant Zuko was going to sulk while Azula harassed innocent children.

And you were right. Two children were building a sandcastle, and Azula stepped on it. You, Azula and Ty Lee look down at them, as the boys run away screaming. Azula kicked their bucket out of the way and placed down her towel.

You saw some random teenager unpacking Ty Lee's things for her. You rolled your eyes, smiling a bit, of course Ty Lee was getting all the guys without even trying.

You put down you towel next to Azula's, electing to lie down in the sun and hopefully get a tan.

Just then a kuai ball flew right past your face, landing beside Azula. You sat up, glaring at the people who had sent the ball your way.

"Hey beach bums, we're playing next," Azula announced, standing up and motioning for you to do the same, "Ty Lee get over here now!"

Ty Lee did a handstand, walking over to you. Zuko took off his shirt and threw it down as doves flew behind him, and a group of girls were giggling and blushing while looking at him. You, Zuko, Azula, Mai, and Ty Lee approached the kuai ball field and gathered in a team huddle.

"See the girl with the silly pigtails," Azula said, pointing to the girl she was talking about, "When she runs towards the ball there's just the slightest hesitation of her left foot. I'm willing to bet a childhood injury has weakened her. Keep serving the ball to her left, and we'll destroy her and the rest of her team, dismissed."

You turned to face the other team, Azula holding the ball in her hand. Azula leaped up and kicked the ball, sending it flying past them. You sprinted forward, sliding down to kick the ball up. Azula ran forward and hit the ball away as it fell. One of the members of the other team attempted to dive for the ball, but missed.

Ty Lee then leaped up, kicking the ball down and landing on the net. Azula jumped on Zuko for a boost and kicked the ball. It exploded, setting the net on fire.

"Yes," Azula shouted, "We deated you for all time! You will never rise from the ashes of your shame and humiliation!"

She walked back over to you, "Well, that was fun."

Two boys walked over to you, one of them had hair the went just under his chin and was in a half-up half-down topknot. The other had his hair in a topknot, and was taller than the first.

"I'm having a party tonight," The taller boy said to Ty Lee, "You should come by."

"Sure," She responded, "I love parties."

The boy with longer hair spoke next, looking at you and Mai, "Your friends can come too."

Ty Lee smiled, as Azula walked up the the boys.

"What about me and my brother? You invited our sister, why not us? Don't you know who we are?"

The boys scoffed, "Don't you know who we are?"

"Yeah, we're Chan and Ruon-Jian."

Zuko walked aggressively towards them, but you put your arm in front of him, making in stop.

"But, fine," Chan said, "You're invited. Just so you know, though, some of the most important teenagers in the Fire Nation are gonna be at this party, so try and act normal."

Azula smiled sinisterly, "We'll do our best."

***

"Why didn't you tell those guys who we were?" Zuko asked when you were all seated around the table for dinner.

"I guess I was intrigued," Azula said simply, "I'm so used to people worshiping us."

"They should."

"I know, and I love it. But, for once, I just wanted to see how people would treat us if they didn't know who we were."

You smiled to yourself, maybe coming to the beach was a good opportunity for Azula to be a normal teenager rather than father's war machine.

"Like waves washing away the footprints on the sand," Li said, "Ember Island gives everyone a clean slate."

Lo continued, "Ember Island reveals the true you."

Lo and Li then stood up, shouting, "To the party!"

***

Ty Lee was helping you get ready for the party, as you had never been to one before.

"Your hair would look nice curled, don't you think?" She said, rummaging through your suitcase to find a suitable outfit.

"I don't know," You replied, looking in the mirror, "I usually wear it up."

"There's never a wrong time to try a new style!"

She walked over to you, handing over some clothes, "I think these would look nice in you, go try them on."

You smiled at her in thanks, going to the washroom to change and do your hair.

The outfit Ty Lee had chosen for you was a red halter top, it was cropped too, ending just above your belly button. There was a red skirt, it ended below your knees, and had shorts underneath. For jewelry she had chosen gold stud earrings, and a golden bracelet.

You emerged from the bathroom, walking out see that Ty Lee had already changed into her party outfit.

"How do I look?" You asked, spinning in a circle.

She clapped her hands excitedly, "You look amazing, Y/N!"

"Thanks, you too. Now let's go to that party, shall we?"

She giggled, grabbing your hand and dragging you towards the door, "We shall."