~19~

A/N I wanted to get this out sooner, but my math teacher just loves to torture me, so that didn't happen. I also kinda gave up halfway through this chapter, so I'm sorry if it's not as ✨thrilling✨ as you may have wanted. I've just been really stressed and unmotivated lately :/ hope you understand.
• • •

When you arrived at the party, no one was there. It seemed that you were early.

Chan opened the door, looking confused. "Um ... You're a little early. No one's here yet," He said.

"I heard you telling someone you'd be partying from dusk 'till dawn. It's dusk, so we're here," Azula said and you internally facepalmed.

"But that's just an expression."

"We are the perfect party guests. We arrive right on time, because we are very punctual."

Chan shrugged, gesturing for the five of you to follow him inside.

"All right, listen. My dad's an admiral. He has no idea I'm having this party, so don't mess anything up."

Mai and Zuko walked off the one side, going to sit somewhere, while Ty Lee went over to the other side of the house, looking around.

You made to follow your friend, but you stopped when you heard Azula's lame attempt at flirting.

"That's a sharp outfit, Chan," She said, "You could puncture the hull of an empire-class Fire Nation battleship, leaving thousands to drown at sea, because it's so sharp."

He looked at her, his face forming an awkward smile.
"Um ... thanks."

Azula's smile turned to a frown, and you walked over to her, putting a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Why didn't he say anything nice back? I complement him."

"Maybe he just wasn't interested," You suggested, "It doesn't matter anyway, I'm sure lots of guys would give anything to be with you, Azula."

"Of course, you're right, Y/N." She walked away, looking lost in thought.

You looked around, trying to spot Ty Lee, but someone came to stand in-front of you, blocking your view.

"Hey," He said.

"Hi."

"What's a girl like you doing at a place like this?"

You cocked your head to the side, "Are you insinuating that this is a bad place?"

"No, of course not," He hurriedly rushed out, "Um... what's your name?"

"Y/N, now could you please move out of my way."

You pushed past him, not waiting for an answer, and walked over to Azula and Ty Lee, leaving him standing with his mouth open.

As you approached them, you heard Azula telling Ty Lee that all the boys that had been surrounding her didn't actually like her, making Ty Lee put her head in her hands and cry.

You shot a look at Azula, and her gazed softened as she spoke to Ty Lee.
"Look, maybe I just said that because I was a little jealous."

"What," Ty Lee asked, "You're jealous of me? But you're the most beautiful, smartest, perfect girl in the world."

"Well, you're right about those things. But, for some reason, when I meet boys, they act as if I'm going to do something horrible to them."

Ty Lee giggled as you said to Azula, "That's probably because you would do something horrible to them."