Marry Me?

You and Hunter had been together for a couple years, spending all the time you could together, never sick of the other's company. Nothing was perfect, and it wasn't always easy, but the two of you were happy. His fans always commented their support and jealousy on his social media posts of the two of you, but either way it didn't matter. The only thing that mattered was each other.

You really missed Hunter while he was on tour, and you tried to make it to any shows you could. With his most recent tour, his final stop was in LA, and you were able to watch the show side stage. Watching him perform always filled you with pride, and you'd often catch him stealing glances and smiles at you. This night, however, he seemed nervous. Toward the end of the show, he stood anxiously, an acoustic guitar in hand, and a roadie set up a stool. You thought he was about to sit, but instead he said some unexpected words. "Please welcome to the stage: my beautiful girlfriend!"

You were surprised, nervously stepped out into the spotlight and screaming fans. He kissed you on the cheek in greeting before gesturing got you to sit on the stool. "This one's for her."

Despite your confusion, suddenly the peering eyes began to fade away as you focused on Hunter and his playing. He began singing his song Heartbreak, a song you knew well and loved. You swayed along to the music, singing along with a grin. When he got to the last chorus, however, he changed the words. He looked nervous. "If it got me to you, then it ain't wasted time. With every mistake, I made it to the rest of my life. Another perfect date, best way to wake up every day. What I mean is, the way I see it, I'm one heartbeat closer to..."

He trailed off, looking at you with a small smile. The audience was quiet, staring at the pair of you intently. He took your hand and took a deep breath moving to speak into the microphone. "You...you have been a light in my life for so long. It feels like my life began when we met. They always say 'you'll know when you know' but...I've never been more sure of anything in my life," a roadie appeared beside him, taking the acoustic guitar from him. He fell to one knee, pulling a small ring box out of his pocket and opening it, revealing a beautiful, gold banded diamond ring. Your mouth fell open in shock, and the audience began screaming in excitement. "I don't have enough words to tell you how much I love and adore you. Will you marry me?"

You fell to your knees in front of him, throwing your arms around him. "Of course I will!" You kissed him all over his face as the audience cheered, and he giggled as he embraced you. You couldn't remember ever being this happy.

You reluctantly pulled away so he could finish out the show, waving to the audience. His manager pulled you aside, handing you a key card. "Mr. Hayes booked a room for the both of you at the nicest hotel in town for the weekend. He wants you to go ahead and wait for him there. Here's all the information, and a car is waiting for you outside.

When you got to the hotel room, you were surprised how large the suite was. Your urge was to jump on the large, ornate bed, but you wanted to do that with Hunter, like you were little kids. You felt giddy like a kid at least. You weren't sure how long it would take for him to wrap everything up, and once you saw the jetted tub, you couldn't resist a soak. You undressed, hesitant to take off the ring Hunter had just given you, but scared to tarnish it in any way. You set it down carefully, staring happily at the ring as you submerged yourself in the bath. Before you knew it, Hunter returned, the grin on his face unmistakable. You started to stand up, but he stopped you. "No, let me join you."

He grabbed a bottle of champagne and two glasses, pouring some for each of you before undressing. Slowly watching him undress made the temperature rise in your body, and you looked him up and down as he climbed in across from you. You took a sip of champagne, grinning. "Hi."

He laughed, mimicking your actions as he scooted closer to you. "Hi," he glanced at your left hand, raising an eyebrow. "You aren't wearing it."

You moved closer to him too, blushing a bit. "I was scared to get it wet and ruin it."