Review 26 (River's Shadow)

Book- River's Shadow

Author- Night210

Reviewer: kinalhariya

Title & Cover
Title is nice and suitable to the story. I absolutely loved the cover. It is eye catching and really beautiful.

Blurb
Blurb is good but can be made more intriguing. I feel like shortening it a little and turning around the sentences (same sentences but written in a different way) would make it more interesting. It's totally fine if you don't as the current one is nice enough, just focus on switching tenses.

Coming to the story,
I liked the fact you made a glossary for all elementals and their groups. It makes it easier.

Prologue:
Your have done a great job with the start of the story. The description of pillars and stones was awesome and the ending just created the mysterious vibe, making me excited to read further. In short, the prologue was really hooking.

Plot:

Overall storyline is awesome but you need to work on few things.

The starting chapters seem rushed. As there are so many characters in this story, you need to give everyone some more screen place, so that readers remember them.

The part of her becoming queen and her missing cousin was also written in blurb so I expected a little more story on that. It felt like a passing statement. So a little more story and feelings on that matter would make it more impactful.

While starting chapters need work, the latter chapters after she meets the elemental group are written nicely. The characters are portrayed so well that it is easy to imagine and remember them.

Grammar:
Apart from some typos and wrong placing of commas, grammar was on point.

Overall:

I enjoyed reading this book. My curiosity kept rising after each and every chapter. You have great potential. The book is very interesting and intriguing.

Thanks for choosing me as your reviewer.

Thanks and Regards,
Kinal.