Chapter 11

A/N well, will you look at that? 😎🤏😃🕶🤏 an update! *jazz hands*

...

3rd person

The wall that had descended from the ceiling when Snotlout had stepped on the wrong tile slowly climbed back upwards. As the Hiccup and the rest walked deeper into the stone hallway, it descended once more, trapping them.

Snotlout ran towards and banged his fists against the stone. "No! NO!" he shouted. "LET-ME-OUT!" he screamed each word while throwing a punch at the stone.

Hiccup squeezed the bridge of his nose. "What makes you think that will work?"

"What makes you think that he thinks at all?" Astrid countered.

"Point." Hiccup shrugged.

"Guys," a shaky voice called. They all looked at Fishlegs who was looking at his feet. "Little shinies."

Valka looked at the rest of them. They all shrugged and she looked back at Fishlegs. "Little shinies?"

"Little shinies," Fishlegs confirmed as he pointed at the floor before him.

There was a big rectangle cut into the ground and inside was water filled with little fish that glowed with a whimsical blue light.

Before anyone could say anything, Tuffnut stuck his hand inside the water and pulled it back with a yelp. "They bite!" he exclaimed.

"Serves you right," Stoick grumbled. " 'Oh look, a pool with strange fish in it that we've never seen before. Let me stick my hand in it!' " he imitated Tuffnut in a ridiculously high voice.

"I do not sound like that!"

"Guys shut up and let me think." Hiccup said. 

But their silence only doubled his anxiety. What is the name of everything made by Thor does fish have to do with dragons?

He looked at Toothless. He had wanted to ask the dragon if these fishes had anything to do with dragons but the dragon looked so terrified, he looked ready to jump out of his scales.

"Toothless? You okay bud?" Hiccup asked.

Toothless merely whimpered. That's when he noticed that all of the dragons seem to be insistent on cowering away from the little pool.

"What is up with you guys?" he queried as he stood up and looked worriedly at the dragons.

"That's not fishes!" Meatlug whispered worriedly as she hid behind Fishlegs.

"Then what are they?"

Cloudjumper's wise voice sounded as if she was holding her fear with a leash. "Eels."

"Liten eels," Hookfang said.

Hiccup's worry vanished and turned into exasperation. "Guys these look like baby eels."

"Are not!" Barf said. "They're fully grown! They're just meant to be small because they attack in groups!" 

Belch nodded. "Like piranhas."

"There wasn't a single dragon that survived them," Skullcrusher said. "One of my relatives tried. He never made it out."

Hiccup looked at the fishes. He noticed that their eyes were not the typical eerie gold colour of a fish or eel. They were milky white. "What's wrong with their eyes?"

"They're blind. But they can smell stuff that gets too close to them."

"Is there anything they don't attack?"