Chapter 2

Hiccup's person Pov

I and Toothless flew for a long time before finding an island. We found a cave and decided to stay here for the night.

I pull a blanket out of the bags that I attached to toothless.

I lay down next to him.

I yawned. "Good night bud," I said before turning away and closing my eyes. I shivered slightly. But then I felt a scaly wing pulling me closer. Toothless wrapped his wings around me. I smiled and snuggled closer. For the first time in well, ever, I felt safe.

I felt at home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up and felt Toothless around me. I nudged him and he unwrapped me.

"So, what do you say we catch some fish?" I say.

Toothless jerked his head up and gave his signature gummy smile.

I chuckled.

We caught some fish and went back to the cave. I gave Toothless 6 and I went to cook my 2 fish.

After that, I asked him.

"What should we do today?"

He gave me a shrug

I thought for a moment.

"Maybe I could help Astrid train a dragon?" I asked uncertainly.

He nodded vigorously like an excited Terrible Terror.

So I mounted him and went to Berk. We landed in a nearby sea stack. It was still very early so the sun was barely up so I pulled out a piece of paper and started writing.

Dear Astrid,

Hey Astrid. I'm writing this from a sea stack near Berk. Your probably gonna wake up and realise that the dragons at Berk are gone. Well, that'll be me. I'm writing this to tell you that I decided to help you train a dragon. I think your personality matches a Deadly Nadder. Meet me at the cove that I and Toothless met at sundown.

Regards,
HHH III

The sun was slightly up so I mounted Toothless and flew over to berk. I told him to fly to the Hofferson household. I put the letter on Astrid's window sill. Then I told Toothless to stay there while I go over to the Dragon training arena. I picked the lock and went inside. The dragons growled but they recognised my scent. They followed me out. They met Toothless and we flew off we landed at the cove. When the sun was up I could hear the Vikings argue over how the dragons escaped.

I laughed mentally. 'Idiots.' I thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I taught the dragons few basic moves until sundown. Then I felt a familiar punch.

"I can't believe you!" Astrid said

"What?"

"You stole the Dragons!"

"If I left them there, someone, eventually, will have to kill Hookfang."

"Hook-who?"

"The Monstrous Nightmare. I named them."

"Fine. Can train a dragon now?"

I nodded and went to the cave. I called the Nadder.

"Astrid!"

"Oh, my gods is that her?"

"Yup I didn't name her yet for you"

"How do I gain her trust?"