Chapter 7

Hiccup's pov

"I can what now?"

"I said there might be a chance that there is others night furies and you might be the only one that can find their home."

"Yeah! Got that! Why didn't you tell me earlier?!"

"I- I didn't believe in it and even if it was true I was just trying to protect you..."

"Protect me from what?"

"Hiccup there has to be reason why anyone who knew about this myth never came back when they tried to find the furies. I wanted to protect you from whatever is protecting that island."

"So your telling me that there's a land of night furies and no one be able to find it and I might be the only one that can find it?!" Hiccup said in Norse.

"What?!" Valka said.

"Uh...yeah sorta." Toothless said.

"How am I the only one that can open it?"

"There's a fairytale where there's prophecy that tells about a half human dragon being able to find a land of hidden furies."

Hiccup's jaw fell. Valka pushed it back up.

"It's just a fairytale hiccup! A dragon one at that!"

"I don't care about that! There's a whole land of night furies and you didn't tell me!"

"It's a myth Hiccup!"

"So was Venehiem! So was a tamed dragon! So was a half human dragon!"

"But we don't have to find it!"

"We do! What if someone else finds it! More importantly you could find your family!"

"My parents were killed by the Red Death! You know that!"

"What about cousins?! What about grand parents?!"

"Uh...I uh-"

"Toothless think about it. It will only be matter of time before another dragon hunter finds it. We've seen what Viggo can do. What if there another person like him? Smart. Vigilant. Cunning."

"I don't know hiccup..." Toothless said. Hiccup sighed and kneeled down to his dragon's height.

"Toothless. We protect eachother. We've been doing it for 5 years. 5 years Toothless! But we need to our jobs as alphas to protect other Dragons too. We don't one to end up like the Red Death now do we?"

"Heck no!" Toothless said.

"There's the Toothless I love." Hiccup said. When he said that Toothless stood on his hind legs and hugged his rider. Hiccup hugged back. Valka was smiling at this bit she was still confused. Very confused.

"Son." She called

"Hmm?" Hiccup said breaking away from Toothless.

"Explain." she said with a chuckle.

~~~~~~~~~~time skip y'all~~~~~~~~~

Hiccup explained everything to Valka and Stoick. Let's just say when Hiccup said that he wants to find the land of hidden night furies it didn't go so well.

"No! Gods please no! No!" Stoick shouted.

"Dad I have to! We might Toothless's family!"

"Son I'm not losing you again!"

"You won't! Toothless will be there to protect me and I can take care of my self."

"You got proof?!"

Hiccup looked at him with a 'isn't-it-obvious' look. He gestured his left leg.

"All right! You defeated a dragon the size of a mountain! Who's to say you the place is even real?"

"I've been having dreams! I keep dreaming of a cave and another night fury with amber eyes."

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"I told you I might be the only one that can find it! It might be sign or something!"

"From who? Thor? Or from Odin himself?!"

"Alphas have mind powers dad! I'm half dragon remember?!" Hiccup said his wings popping out of his back and and flapping themselves as if to be noticed.

"Hiccup I lost you once. I'm not doing it again..."

Hiccup sighed and hugged his dad. His wings wrapping around the buff man.

"I'll be find dad. Trust me"

Stoick sighed and broke away.

"Alright-"

"Oh thank the gods!!"

"But I'm coming with you!"

"Ugh fine. But I'm gonna train you first"

"Train me? I'm Stoick son! I am inevitable."

Hiccup smirked. Stoick blinked and something went past him. When opened his eyes his helmet was gone. He looked at Hiccup and he was holding it.

"And I'm the Dragon Master."

A/N heh endgame reference. Next chapter : a whole lot of training.

-dragon_rider_witch