Chapter XIV

Chapter 14: Standards

The ''I'm okay'' text message on my phone screen was enough for me to sigh all the air I have been holding until now out. Yoongi is okay, Y/n. He is okay.

Weirdly enough, I had to repeat that to myself more than once to believe it. This also means I care about Yoongi more than I should. Why else would I react the way I did? Of course, he is technically my boss, and we have known him for a long time. All the staff members were in shock, that's completely normal.

But my heart was beating so rapidly when I saw him falling. It wasn't because of worry from a stylist. It was a worry for me myself. I thought something even worse happened to him, and I would later regret how I rejected him.

Technically, I never rejected him but ran away after he confessed.

Regardless of that, I now knew how I felt. But that feeling was scaring me. Does Yoongi even want me anymore? After I ran away from him and ignored him throughout the first day? 

I have to see him. 

I don't care how damn late it might be. I have to be there. I need to teach Yoongi a lesson about how he should now cause me a heart attack with his actions. 

I looked at the sleeping Rosé on her bed. I grabbed my jacket and mask and headed out. Luckily, it was practically nighttime, so the rest of the staff were in their rooms, and no one walked in the hallways. I do need to stay cautious because I might run into the members coming back from the hospital.

I hopped into a taxi and told the driver to bring me to the hospital Yoongi was in. Surprisingly, it took about ten minutes to reach there as the traffic at night in this city didn't seem as wild as in Seoul.

The driver parked on the sideway. I paid and thanked him before getting out. I walked inside from the slide doors to the counter, which had a sweet-looking lady typing on the computer. Okay, Y/n, this is why you studied English.

''Excuse me,'' I started, and the lady took her eyes off the screen to me. ''I need to see one of your patients, Min Yoongi, who was brought here earlier.'' I smiled sweetly, hoping she would let me in. But just in case, I flashed my Bighit staff card to her so she wouldn't think I was just a creep.

''I'm sorry, miss, I would let you in, but our visiting hour ended already. You may come to see Mr. Min tomorrow,'' She smiled.

''Can't you make an exception?'' I begged, but unfortunately, she shook her head. I had to accept my defeat and leave from the counter. 

But that doesn't mean I give up.

I turned back to the counter, and the lady rolled her eyes. ''The company specifically asked me to check on him. Someone to keep an eye on him and ensure no fans get in.''

''Miss, please, we have high security here, and no one will get into that wing or out at this hour. You may come back tomorrow morning,'' the woman said and tried hard not to snap at me. I could sense it in her voice.

I had no other choice but to sigh. ''I'm close to the patient. I need to see him. I have been worried sick for him for hours. I will be quick, I promise you!'' I whined and tried my last shot.

The woman sighed and looked at me. ''Fine. But if we get caught for this, it is your responsibility, not mine.''

''Yes, yes, thank you so much!'' I thanked her. 

''It's room 505 in the left swing. Be quick.'' She pointed in the direction. I thanked her once more and quickly walked to the wing.

Luckily, there wasn't anyone in the hallway as I looked through the rooms. ''505... 505.. ah, there you are.'' I looked from the little glass window inside the room, and I saw Yoongi lying on the bed and being on his phone. I took a deep breath and opened the door.