Chapter XVII

Chapter 17: Silence has been broken

The breakfast was worse than ever. I hated to sit at the table and try to eat while Rosé wasn't even looking at me. The food wasn't tempting me at all, even though I was hungry as hell. The whole time, I tried to look at her, but she never shared a glance at me. She was only sitting with the others and laughing at them as if she was punishing me for that.

I wanted to leave. Nothing stopped me from doing it, but I wanted to stay and show I cared. I wanted to talk to Rosé again, and I'll get that chance once we return to our rooms. I didn't know what to say to her. I wasn't sure if I still wanted to keep this from her or tell her.

I know what Yoongi might say about this. He might say I should go for it, but then again, I don't want to. This is all new to me, and I want to ensure everything goes well before we tell everyone. It will probably shock everyone, even though I have been his stylist for years. We have that one-stick rule: do not date the idols.

It scared me what others might think and what Bang PDnim might say. I have a clear image of what might happen. All of them probably believe this is purely a sexual affair and nothing more.

Yoongi won't let me leave the company just like that. He made that very clear. I don't know if I should or not. I want to protect him, but at the same time, what would I tell them? I turned down this job that probably every stylist dreamed of. I threw it off because ''I want to do something else''. It certainly doesn't work like that. This is a job you won't quit. You don't want to.

But I would still want to make things up with Róse. I will be with her the whole tour, and I don't want it to be like this. But I don't know how will I make up with her when I can't tell the truth. My previous explanation didn't go through with her, so how could I figure out something else that would?

I decided to leave the breakfast. I was hungry, but I couldn't eat. I just wanted to leave our room and wait for Rosé there. I stood from the table and looked at Rosé's direction, but she didn't look at me back. I sighed and walked out of the breakfast area.

On my way to the room, my phone vibrated. I got it out of my pocket to see who was texting me. Of course, it was Yoongi. He wished me a good morning and asked if I had eaten yet. I quickly replied to him ''I did.'' and nothing else.

I got inside my room, and my phone vibrated again, but he was calling me. I sighed and answered him.

''Hey, your reply was kind of off. Everything okay?'' he asked from the other line.

''Yeah, I guess. Róse won't speak to me,'' I said.

''Why?''

''Because I lied to her yesterday about where I was, remember? She didn't buy my words, and now she is super angry with me. She wouldn't even sit with me at the breakfast table. I don't know what to do,'' I said. ''Should I tell her?''

''It is your call,'' Yoongi said. ''You wanted to take things slowly, but if your friendship is on the line. I think you should tell her. She's your best friend.''

I think I have made my peace with the thought of telling her, and Yoongi's words made it even more sure. I have to tell her the truth, and I will. I thanked Yoongi from the line, and we talked before we hung up. He gets discharged the hospital today but won't attend tonight's concert yet. He was sad about it, but it was the doctor's order.

I waited for Róse to come so I could talk to her before we left for the soundcheck. It took her quite a while to return, but I still waited patiently.