Chapter XVIII

Chapter 18: Is it too much?

How was opening the door suddenly the hardest thing in the world? It was the most simple thing at the moment. All I had to do was knock and push the door handle down and push the door. Why was it so hard? Yoongi was waiting for me, so I didn't have to, for example, knock and wait for him to open the door for me.

Am I even in front of the right door? I suddenly started thinking about this, even though I had confidently walked from the lobby to this point. Yes, I knew I was on the right floor and in front of the right door. However, I still had to check by glancing at the room number and the number on the phone where I had recorded it, which contained the room numbers of each member. What if I'm at someone else's door? What if, for example, Jimin does open the door, and then I panic and have to think of an excuse as to why I'm at his door or on this floor when my room is one floor below?

That would be a nightmare.

I was starting to feel like I'd been standing in front of this door for too long because people were coming out of their rooms and onto the elevator, and I'm sure they were wondering what kind of stalker I was. Yoongi will probably also come looking for me at some point because I sent him a message a while ago that I was at the hotel and would come soon.

I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. I didn't hear any answer, but like I said, Yoongi was waiting for me, and I knew I was coming. Therefore, after knocking, I opened the door slowly and peeked into the room. I saw many things in the room that I knew belonged to Yoongi, so the fear of being in someone else's room disappeared at that moment.

I closed the door after getting myself inside. Hotel rooms are notoriously big, so if Yoongi had been in the room, I would have already seen him. But he was nowhere to be seen.

However, with the same breath, I heard the bathroom door open, and Yoongi walked into the room. My breathing stopped like a wall. He only had a towel over his hips. He was drying his hair with another towel, and the bathroom steamed like a steam engine.

He looked like a sculpture. A small unfortunate detail was a bruise on his side from an accident. However, it wasn't the first thing on my mind, but his upper body, which was dripping with water drops.

"Y/n?" Yoongi snapped me out of my thoughts as he opened his mouth. ''What are you just standing there for?'' he laughed, and I managed to hold myself together. I tried to put what happened out of my mind.

''I-I just didn't think about this,'' I let out.

''What didn't you think?'' Yoongi chuckled. ''If you're referring to the fact that I'm half naked in front of you, is that somehow new?''

I stared at him with a little shock on my face. How is that not a new thing?

Yoongi must have soon realized that I didn't understand him. ''Y/n, you're my stylist. You see me without a shirt and pants all the time because I change clothes in front of you at the gig. So, this site should not be new to you. That's what I meant.''

Of course. How stupid can I be? However, the situation is different now.

''You could have said you shower first before I come. I would have waited in my room until you were ready,'' I tried to avoid staring or even looking him straight in the eye.