Chapter 10

"Good morning. Did you sleep well, Senpai?" Mash comes in greeting to her Master. He groans and gets up groggily hearing the lilac-haired girl waking her up.

"Well enough." Nexus responds in a casual manner completely natural that he wasn't affected by his first attempt of sleeping.

"I'm glad to hear that you got plenty of rest." she feel relieved to hear that as Fou barked energetically. "Fou is pretty fired up. I'm sure he's had more than enough sleep and breakfast. There's no telling what it'll be beyond the Rayshift so please get enough sleep."

"Yeah yeah." Nexus starts getting up from his bed stretching.

"Also, I want to ask something, about that dream..." she asked to him.

"What about it?" Nexus looked at Mash. He has the basic knowledge of Servants having mental connections to each other and could see dreams.

"Well, Da Vinci says that Masters and Servants under contract could see each other's dreams. I'm not sure what that means but I didn't happen to see one."

"Well I get the gist of seeing Servants' dreams from their pasts. But if didn't see anything then there's no problem at all." he assured to the girl. "Before we get started. I would need to go somewhere first."

"Oh, right. You said that you'll be having a match with Saber Alter, right? Are you going to be alright? Should I come?"

"No worries. She's been asking for this to fight me one-on-one. I would be unfair if I had someone for support. So I can't disappoint her. I kept my words and I'm not going to ignore that." Nexus committed to his decisions since she would be looking forward to see the capabilities of how far her Master's strength has grown.

"I understand. I'll be here outside the simulation and cheering for you. Do your best, Senpai." Mash encourages her upperclassmen as Nexus nods in acknowledgement.

"Yeah." he responds exiting from his room making his way towards the battle simulation. Once he enters, he meets Dr. Roman and Da Vinci inside.

"Oh, good morning, Nexus." Dr. Roman greeted.

"Yo." he gave a casual salute to them and goes to Da Vinci. "Is everything ready?"

"Yup, all of the preparations for the battle simulation is up and ready. We adjust the simulation to make the place durable for anything destructive of what you could do and Alter over there." Da Vinci pointed over to the visual of the simulation field. "She's been waiting for you."

"How long?" Nexus asked to her.

"Ever since you woke up. She didn't want to miss you coming here early. So she insisted that she would greet you in combat." Da Vinci answered to him. "We also made some adjustments changing the field to your likings."

"I see." Nexus noted. "Well for starters, let's just leave it the way it is, for now. Sound good?"

"I don't mind. We'll be watching from the monitors. Let us now once you're done."

"Alright." he enters through the simulation. He walks onto the white floorboards spacious enough to be a landscape. Nexus finally meets the tyrant king in stationary position resting her palms on the pommel of her sword.

"So you come into my presence, my Master. It seems that you kept your promise after all." she said while her eyes were closed. "Hm, satisfactory. Then, let us begin..." she pulls her sword out and gets into combat stance and flashes her golden eye ready for battle. "From the beginning when you struck my Noble Phantasm out, I've always caught my interest in you, Nexus. I'm grateful to have a Master like you. But I would want to witness your strength of your powers once more with my full strength. And prove himself that I shall acknowledge you as my Master."