Chapter 13

Nexus and everyone were walking their way to the canyon returning to Rome to make a plan for the attack on the United Empire's capital. Everyone were riding on horses while Nexus was still going on foot. The emperor felt remorseful for him to walk on the plain with no mount for transport if she could provide a chariot for him but none of her men have no experience on chariots. Nexus didn't mind and he appreciate of her concern as he senses several up enemies ahead.

"I've sensed multiple enemies up ahead!" Roman exclaimed.

"You're a tad bit late on that," Nexus said.

"Eh...is that so?" Roman mutters.

"Look, why don't you lay low on detection. I have the ability to perceive hostiles incoming. That's one load off for you." Nexus assures him.

"That's right. Then I'll be leaving it to you. I'll be sure to give you any information that I can then." Roman said with a relief cutting off communication as they face off a fair amount of army but were quite different. Nexus lifted his eyebrow in wonder as they were not Roman soldiers at all. Instead, they were all wearing golden helmets with red tufts wearing nothing but tufts, red cape, leg greaves and arm guards holding a spear and a round shield.

"Spartans?" were the words that came out of his mouth. They don't have the appearance of a Roman soldier but it's accurate enough to look like a Spartan. Also, he sensed that they have faint magical energy in them they may be not compare to a Third-rate Servants but it's very faint on each of them. Right now, he has to take the enemies down so he'll think about it after that.

The Spartan-like soldiers lasted a bit longer compared to the Roman soldiers but Nexus and the others took care of it. Meanwhile, the downed Spartans slowly dispersed into golden light.

"This is strange, Senpai." Mash wondered confused about the new enemies they've encountered, "They're more different than human soldiers. It feels more like they're Servants. Yet they're not. Do you know something, Senpai."

"From what I could say is that brought up some units to summon from the Holy Grail or someone who are summoning these guys." Nexus assumed from his guess. Although it is possible that they could be summoned from the Grail, but the mana in them are limited and don't possess high quality of such magic to be authentic. The only guess leaves is that there is a summoner for these Spartans to come.

"It could be a Noble Phantasm of the sort."

"It is possible." Roman said bringing up the situation, "It seems like the type that is designed specifically on the battlefield. If you mentioned Sparta then that would mean..."

"That there's a Servant around here. I can see one ahead bringing his numbers." Nexus finished as one of the soldier shouted out to be several hundred soldiers heading towards them. He uses his vision to get the far sight of the view as they were the same hundreds of Spartan soldiers shouting but one in particular that possess a vital magical energy. He knew that person is the one leading and summoning them in the first place was a muscled man with red markings and golden armor around his torso and a the same Spartan helmet but has a scar on the left side of his eye and tufts made of fire as an obvious distinction of a leader. Nexus looked through the helmet revealing to be a man with red squared hair and red eyes.

"My True Name is King Leonidas. Servant, Lancer! As the people that trespasses into my territory, I will crush any and all enemies than any attack and far stronger than any defense! You will witness the strength of the Spartans!" the Spartan leader known as Leonidas loudly proclaims.

"Wait! You call yourself King Leonidas!?" Nero shocked not believing that there was a Greek figure to exist here in this era. "If the "emperors" aren't the only ones who came back, then what about Boudica?"