Chapter 17

"Jeanne and Alter will take care of David. The rest of you take care of the thugs. I'll handle Francis." Nexus gives his command to his Servants giving them all an "Understood!" response.

"Eh!? You're going to face Drake on your own!? Didn't you just see what she just did? That's too dangerous!" Gudako shouted hearing that absurd decision Nexus make risking his life as a Master.

"Don't worry. I'm strong enough to deal with this." Nexus reassures her as he starts his fight dashing to Drake.

"Ehhh?"

"Don't worry. As hard it is to believe, Senpai can handle it." Mash said using her shield against the pirates' gunfires.

Once Nexus entered Drake's range of fire, he begins to shift his directions dodging the captain's gunfires and blast cannons alternating by jumping, rolling, and sidesteps while running through. Although he had to roll some distance to avoid the cannons being an explosive attack of range while zigzagging avoiding a barrage of pistol shots from Drake until he got in close.

Drake was about to shoot him point blank but he ain't letting her striking at the wrist she was aiming following a punch. She shifts her head using her other hand to shoot. Nexus grabs her hand.

"Wha-" before she could notice, he turned his back on her throwing over his shoulder to the ground. Nexus then strikes his fist down at Drake quickly rolling aside recovering aiming her next shots seeing a small crack from the man's fist.

'That was close. With an arm like that he could've crushed my skull. That's some crazy strength...' the captain smiled firing more shots at Nexus dodging at her rapid shots until he caught a bullet with his hand smoking within. 'Not to mention crazy reflexes...' as Drake was impressed by the Master's abilities.

"You're really good. No, crazy good with skills like that. Even getting close to prevent me from shooting you whatever you can." Drake compliments Nexus.

"I could say the same to you. Normally, pistols like those you're holding would fire single shots yet you're just shooting them like an automatic." Nexus said.

"True, at first it was like that but now I could just fire however many as I want. Not sure how that happened." he raised his eyebrows questionably hearing that response until he got a beep.

"Nexus. I'm getting a reading on Francis Drake's body. There's magical energy. No, a huge magical energy coming from her. She has the Holy Grail inside of her!" Roman explained.

"I see. No wonder she could summon cannons out of thin air..."

"Be careful now. If we get the Grail, we'll be able to solve this Singularity and get back."

"Alright." Nexus said casually hearing Roman to follow but was thinking on his head.

'It's a bit early that we found a Grail, though...a bit too soon. Would this solve everything?' he begins to close in Drake once again until time starts to slow down faced by the cannon in front of his face.

"I admit that you're pretty good." the woman compliments him before she makes her farewell, "But this is the end of the line." the cannon fired exploding on impact.

"Senpai!"

"Nexus!" both Mash and Gudako shouted from the cannon leaving no trace from the magus. As every stopped for a moment.

"A lad like you would make a fine addition to my crew. Shame to be wasted..." Drake laments in pity to meet someone promising.

"Yeah, it is a shame." the voice spoke shocking the captain darts her head around looking for the source of the voice, "After all..."