Eli is too late

For the rest of the weekend I only thought about Robby, he was so broken when I left the other day, I wanted to stay but he insisted that I go home so that my mom didn't worry about me. When we were sitting on the couch he would hold me tighter when he got sad I never wanted to let go of him, he was a very strong person. 

"Aella Miguel is here" my mom yelled, I grabbed my bookbag and I ran down the stairs 

"Hey Miggy," I said brightly and he grinned giving me a hug 

"Ready for school?" he asked 

"Yeppers" 

We got in the car and I started driving to Eli's house because he asked me to pick him up, I knew I would probably still like Eli a tiny bit but I liked Robby more. Miguel and I sang I almost do by Taylor Swift and I was pleasantly surprised that he knew the song. 

"And I just wanna tell youuuuuu it takes everything in me not to call youuuuuu and I wish I could run to youuuuu" we sang and I laughed. 

"Aella, I need some girl advice and you're a girl right" 

"Well spotted," I told him sarcastically 

"I like a girl and I don't know how to make her like me," he said 

"Ok well let's start with a new mindset because you can't make anyone do anything, if you like this girl be yourself and try to make her laugh, be sweet, and don't hurt her physically and emotionally" 

He nodded "what if she's more popular than me"

I grinned "is it Sam?" I asked 

"Maybe"

"Well Miggy, if she truly likes you then she won't care about popularity," I said and then we pulled up in front of Eli's house "hey Eli" I yelled smiling as he got in the car 

"Hi Aella, how was your weekend?" 

"Petty good what about you?" 

"It was fine" he mumbled

We started driving to school and it was really awkward it was almost like the two of them knew I liked Robby, I was probably just being paranoid though. "So we all have a study period right?" I asked the two of them and they nodded 

"Yeah we are going to the library," Miguel said. Once we were out of the car we went to the library and met up with Demetri who already had his stuff. That's when I noticed Miguel's hand which was very bruised.

"Miguel, what happened?" I asked 

"Oh I tried to fight Kyler and Brucks with karate but I got beat up and now I'm not allowed to do Cobra Kai anymore" wait, Cobra Kai, like with Robby's dad

"So that's it no more Karate?" Demitri asked

"I guess so," Miguel said sadly 

"It's probably for the best, it was starting to boost your confidence," Demetri told him

"isn't that a good thing?"

"No, what has confidence ever gotten anybody other than a black eye and their backpack thrown in the trash" Demetri sighed

"I thought it was kinda cool how you stood up to Kyler," Eli said quietly 

"Are you insane?" Demetri asked, "lemme ask you what is the best superpower anyone could have?"

"Super strength," Miguel told him

"Wrong, invisibility a distant second would be super speed so you could run away fast"

"Runaway from who?" Kyler smirked coming up to us 

"Whom" Brucks corrected him "it's the object of the preposition, remember English class" 

"We were just leaving," Miguel said quickly and we all started to grab our things and walk away before anything bad could happen. 

"Hey, where are you going," Kyler asked holding Eli's face "ew look at this freak what kind of girl would ever want to kiss this shit?" 

"Leave him alone Kyler" I yelled but he ignored me 

"She said to leave him alone Kyler," Miguel said 

"You want another beat down Rhea, get out of here" we all walked out as fast as possible, a few moments later Demitri came out with his backpack covered in yogurt. God Kyler was such an ass. 

After school was over I started walking to my car when someone covered my eyes "Miguel is that you?" I asked and no one responded "Eli?" silence "Demetri?" more silence "hmmmm" I thought for a moment "Robbie" 

"Bingo," he said laughing, I squealed and tackled him in a hug

"What are you doing here?" I asked 

"Seeing you obviously" I rolled my eyes at his comment "get on," he said bending over so he could give me a piggyback ride "which car is yours?" he asked 

"That one" I pointed at my car and he started walking towards it "what are we going to do" I asked 

"We are going to the beach," he said putting me down in front of the car 

"Ok," I grinned and got in the passenger seat. 

Eli's Pov

I was about to go find Aella and ask her if she wanted to hang out when I saw her hugging Robby, ugh I was too late. There was no doubt in my mind that she liked Robby. I saw her get on his back laughing and I wished I was the one making her that happy. 

Aella's pov

We got to the beach and sat down on the sand "wanna swim" he asked with a mischievous grin 

"We don't have bathing suits Robby," I said 

"So, we can keep our shirts on but I don't think you want to get your skirt wet" 

"Fine but turn around and I am getting in the water first," I told him, he laughed and turned around I pulled my skirt off and ran into the cold water "It's fine now" I yelled he just ran in shorts on, and everything. 

As soon as he got where I was I splashed him "you are going to regret that" he growled and I screamed a tiny bit. I started to swim away but he grabbed my waist and started to tickle me "Robby...Stop" I laughed "Robby" I shrieked, he turned me around and I stared into his eyes. He looked down at my lips and we started to lean in when a wave hit us making me tumble. 

"Oh my god," I laughed coming up for air "Robby where are you," I asked and he didn't come up "Robby" I looked down but the water was too dark, I started freaking out and then he hoisted me up throwing me into the water. 

"Robbie" I yelled and he laughed 

"Can't handle a bit of water?" he asked 

"I hate you" I mumbled and he pulled me into a hug 

"I hate you too Aella" 

Robby's pov

I was hugging Aella, she was so cute and tiny, I wanted her all to myself but I didn't know how she felt about me, I think we were going to kiss before the wave hit us though. I loved everything about this girl, wait did I say love? did I love Aella, there were such few people in my life that even cared about me, the only other person I did love was my mom. Aella rested her head on my chest and I knew I was definitely in love with her, sure it had been three months but I didn't know if that was too soon to have these sort of feelings for her. Aella just made everything 100 times better. I knew one thing, I was going to win her heart and Eli would be too late.