The test

"Get a load of this chump, what are you doing here?" Kyler spat when we entered the dojo for our afternoon practice, Robby was standing at the front in his Gi looking all prepared 

"Sensei Kreese isn't back yet so I'm going to get you guys warmed up" Robby replied simply 

"You've never been a part of this team and you think you're our Sensei?" Kyler scoffed looking highly amused as he approached Robby "get the hell out of here man"

"Who says we even want you," Tory asked "after your little tantrum this morning I'm sure Aella doesn't want you here either" Robby gave her a look "yeah I know about that" 

"How about this" I spoke up "instead of Robby warming us up I will" 

"Sounds good to me," Tory said and the rest of the Cobras nodded 

"No" Robby looked at me "hit me, any of you, if any of you can land a hit I'll go" 

"Alright" Kyler looked excited but I knew it wasn't going to be easy to get a hit, the only people who could land one were me and Tory, Tory was more aggressive than anyone else in Cobra Kia giving her an advantage, I was equal with Robby though, he had trained at both Cobra Kai and Miyagi-Do as have I. 

"Who's next?" Robby asked as he knocked Kyler to the ground easily. When he had taken out almost all the cobras multiple times it only left me and Tory "you just gonna watch?" Tory gritted her teeth and lunged at him, he was able to slam her to the floor in a matter of seconds "I guess it's your turn" he turned to me

I didn't want to fight him, sure I was a little mad at him but I really didn't want to have to turn that anger into aggression "come on" he signaled for me to try and hit him, so I did. 

We fought for a while using a combo of Miyagi-do and Cobra kai but I could tell he was getting tired and that was a weakness, we had been fighting with our hands so I figured I could catch him off guard while using my legs. I quickly lowered myself to the ground and swept his legs out from under him and then punched him right in the stomach. 

"A deals a deal," he said standing up panting "I'll go" 

"No" I grabbed his arm quickly "you have to stay, they could learn from you" he smiled and nodded before crushing me in a hug which I returned happily 

"You know I love you" he whispered into my ear while all the Cobras were tiredly standing up after having their asses kicked 

"yeah obviously I told him rolling my eyes, he chuckled a bit as we walked to the front "fall in" I yelled, the cobras hesitated but eventually obliged 

"Over at Miyagi-Do our enemies are uniting against us," Robby said as soon as the cobras were all lined up on the mat I stood by his side at the front, "they think by working together they have the advantage"

"The Miyagi-Dos think they are better than us," I said loudly "I should know because I was one of them, for a very long time, but that ends today, for good. I'll admit, at first Miyagi-Do seemed like the right choice but we all need to look in the mirror and see who we really are."

"Now we may have taken some losses," Robby said taking over "but it's not about how you start, it's about how you finish, to defeat the enemy, it helps to know the enemies playbook"

"That's why we're going to teach you all Miyagi-Do karate so we can beat Miyagi-do Karate," I told the cobras who were listening intently" they're warmed up for you Sensei," I said turning to Kreese who had just walked through the door. I walked back into line and stood next to the new kid called James. 

"How long have you been in Cobra Kai?" James whispered to me 

"It's complicated," I told him shortly 

"What do you mean? how complicated?" 

"Do you want to be a Cobra Kai or not" I hissed through my teeth "you have to stay focused, we don't have time for stupid questions." He nodded looking a bit surprised by the way I snapped at him but he remained silent

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

"That was some tough training for the Cobras" I laughed, the class had just ended and I was talking to Robby in the back room. "I never realized how hard it is for them to strike first, they had to wait and they struggled so much" 

"I know, but they were programmed this way, it will take a while for them to learn," Robby said "I see we have some new recruits" 

"Yeah, we have a new guy called James and another called Joey, I don't really know much about them though, Tory got a little info but other than that there's nothing" 

"Do you miss it?" Robby asked abruptly 

"Miss what?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows 

"You know, Miyagi-do, do you ever miss training with Mr. Larusso and the rest of them" he sat down on a chair "I know the change has been tough on you, we talk about it every day but you always seem to dodge this question" 

"No" I lied "I don't miss training there, it was too slow-paced and I feel like I didn't learn as much" I hoped he couldn't tell that I was lying. If Robby found out that I was planning to get myself out of Miyagi-Do he would never forgive me, not because I wanted to switch dojos but because I lied to his face and pretended everything was alright 

"Good, I honestly don't know what I would do without you here. Most of the Cobras hate me and I can't blame them, I have the support of Sensei Kreese but it feels like it's not enough"

"Just give them some time" I sighed "they'll come around in the end and I don't think they hate you, I think they just don't trust you yet. Cobra Kai has been stabbed in the back so many times, they're just being cautious" 

"Yeah, I guess" he nodded "I just wish they would hurry up about liking me." I laughed a bit but I couldn't help thinking that I wished my friends at Miyagi-do would hurry up their plan, being here was dangerous. Sensei Kreese and Cobra Kai gave me a sense of power, a power that I liked having and that I would soon, if not careful, be addicted to.