Cobra Kai returns

"Aella" I turned to face my mom as I slipped on my mocassins from L.L.Bean, I was headed to the dojo so I would have to take my shoes off anyway 

"Yeah?" I asked, she had a worried face and I knew exactly what she was going to say 

"I want you to be careful" she sighed "after everything that's happened I just don't want you to get hurt, are you sure Miyagi-Do wouldn't be a better choice for you? you were happy there after all" 

For some reason, I would get really defensive whenever she brought up Miyagi-Do, it was probably the combined feeling of betrayal, shame, and guilt. "I'm sure," I told her "plus Robby is there" I knew she didn't quite approve of Robby but she never said anything about it because he makes me happy, something that according to her isn't a luxury for me anymore. Sometimes I feel like she's a little too dramatic 

"Are you going to go anywhere after class?" she asked 

"I'm not sure but I'll text you if I do" I walked to the door "love you, mom." I was a bit on edge about Cobra Kai but I didn't want her to know that. It had only been a day since the huge fight and since I abandoned all of my friends for Robby. 

I got in the car and turned on some music. The drive to the dojo was peaceful and I tried not to worry too much, I mean, none of the Cobras would be mad at me since I had chosen their side but it wasn't going to feel like they were my family. 

As I pulled into the parking lot I remembered the events of the night before in greater detail, especially Miguel and Sam's faces when I told them I was staying in Cobra Kai. The rest of the dojo stood outside waiting to go in, in just a few moments. 

When I walked over I noticed two boys who I had never seen before standing by the door, they didn't look like they knew each other though, I guess they just didn't want to interact with Kyler which I couldn't blame them for. One had wavy dark brown hair and strikingly green eyes, which wasn't even the most striking part, his jawline was the sharpest one I had ever seen in my life. The other had light brown hair, brown eyes, and a very serious look upon his face, I was sure that Kreese would love him. 

"There you are" Tory walked up to me "I was wondering if you'd actually show" 

"Here I am," I told her giving a tiny smile "I see we've got some new cobras" 

She nodded and looked over at the two boys "the one with the dark hair is called James he just moved here from Rhode Island, the other is called Joey, he's been living here all his life" 

"Did they just tell you that?" I asked wondering how she got the information 

"No, I kicked the shit out of them and then they told me" she rolled her eyes, "Kyler asked them only a minute before you got there" I realized how stupid my question was after she said that. "I think we can go in now" 

"Alright" my stomach churned as we entered the dojo, it wasn't the same as when Johnny had been teaching here, it was darker and full of weapons almost promising some sort of fight. Tory got straight into punching the dummy. I looked around for Robby but I guess he was going to be late. 

I watched as Kyler was telling the others a story and laughing like he was the best person to ever exist. Honestly, it pissed me off and I guess it did with Tory too because she glared at him and walked over to where he was standing in the middle of the mat. 

"You guys are pathetic" she snapped "if you'd handled your business we would have won that fight" 

"Ok whatever" Kyler rolled his eyes "Hawk, he switched sides" 

"Yeah, Miguel just got out of a wheelchair and he still kicked your ass"

"You know what" he scoffed "at least I'm still here, half of the squad quit"

"That means shit," I told him standing at Tory's side, he was acting like an eight-year-old although that was usually how he acted 

"Don't even get me started on you" he yelled as the door chimed, we looked over and Robby walked in wearing a green bomber jacket. 

"What's going on?" he asked 

"Well look who showed up" Tory snapped shaking her head and giving him a look full of contempt 

"That fool doesn't even practice and he gets to stay?" Kyler said 

"Shut up" I snapped "he's done more for Cobra Kai than you ever have" 

"I don't get it" he snared glaring after Robby who made his way into the back room. I followed a bit after to go check on him 

"I think of you as a king" Kreese was saying to him, that was a very weird thing to say but alright. "your father had all the talent in the world but he squandered it, I gave him every opportunity to come back but he chose Diaz" that's where Kreese was wrong, he didn't choose Miguel over Robby, he chose the good side over the bad side "and he left you with that mark on your head, trust me, you have more talent than your father, you just need to show it to the world"

"After everything that's happened you think I care about a stupid trophy? Robby asked with a smirk 

"It's not about the trophy" Kreese told him "it's about being a champion, win or lose, that reputation will follow you the rest of your life, ask your father and LaRusso"

"Yeah well, they've got a pretty good chance of winning now that they've teamed up" Robby sighed, he still wasn't aware that I was standing by the doorway and I don't know if Kreese noticed either 

"They're not the only ones teaming up" Kreese said mysteriously before exiting the room

"Changing your mind about Cobra Kai?" I asked softly, Robby turned to face me with a small smile. 

"Maybe just a little bit" he said truthfully "I don't know what I'm going to do yet" part of me wanted him to stay away from Cobra Kai for good so that I could go back to Miyagi-do or Eagle Fang but there was a part of me that relyed on Cobra Kai and I hated that part. 

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

Later that day I headed for the LaRussos. Sam had invited me to come over, she said she had something she wanted to talk to me about. As I walked to their door I remembered what had happened the night before, the mess that Cobra Kai had caused. I opened the door and walked in but I wasn't ready for an alarm to go off scaring the shit out of me 

"Don't move" Amanda yelled coming around the corner with a bat in her hand 

"It's Aella" I told her holding my hands up "Sam invited me" 

"Shit" Amanda sighed turning the alarm off 

"This new alarm system sucks" Anthony told her coming from around the corner "this is the second time today, I told you facial recognition would be better" 

"Aella, you're here!" Sam said happily walking over from the living room, I look in the cuts on her face and the way her lip was split, I felt horribly guilty for being allies with Tory after everything she had done to Sam. 

"Hi" I grinned giving her a hug "so you wanted to talk about something?" 

"Yes, let's go to my room, the others are already here?" 

"Others?" I questioned but I turned into her room and there sat Miguel, Demetri, and Hawk. I met Hawks eyes and looked away quickly, I kept remembering how hurt he looked when I told him I chose Robby

"Come sit" Miguel pat the spot beside him and I sat down 

"We have made a plan" Sam announced 

"To do what?" I asked her furrowing my eyebrows 

Hawk stood up with a small smirk upon his face "to get you out of Cobra Kai"