Chapter Twenty-Six

We now sit in a room bigger then my house itself. It almost looks like the lobby to a five star hotel. The men disappeared onto an elevator what seems like years ago and then we were left to be babysat by a man dressed in the same uniform the others were in but this guy is less aggressive. He doesn't push conversation and he seems more down to earth than the others. In fact, he doesn't even really say anything at all which is both nice and irritating. He knows who is coming to see me because he has breifly discussed it with the other strangers who brought us here before they disappeared.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me." Carson mumbles beside me. I sit so close to him that I'm practically sitting on his lap. Both of my hands hold onto both of his, in fear that i'll be ripped away from him and never see him again. I bite the inside of my cheek feeling sick to my stomach about what is going to happen next. I know he is angry but right now he's the only safety I seem to have. Letting go of his hand or sitting further away from him doesn't even become an option in my head. "Carson you don't understand. It's not you, I didn't tell anyone."

He turns to face me and frowns. "Yeah, I understand that, but it doesn't matter. You lied to me, it gets me thinking if maybe everything else was a lie too." His words stab me right in the heart giving the affects of an explosion putting all of my feelings right in the damn middle. 'You lied to me' His words replay over and over again no matter how much I try to get them to go away I just can't. They can't be unsaid; they will be in my memory forever. I give him pleading eyes begging him to just listen to me. "Carson, don't give up on me now, I promise there is no more lies, I've officially told you everything."

"You didn't exactly tell me about your name." He says. I roll my eyes and finally convince myself to scooch away from him, only to be pulled back to him. Tears flood my eyes, my hands shake and my breathing is no better. "I'm sorry." He whispers into my ear. I rest my head on his shoulder and feel butterflies in my stomach when Carson wraps his arm around my shoulders. I don't want to be quick and immediately accept his apology. My mind thinks back to all the times my mother sat me down and explained what the word betrayal was. Just how big of a meaning it actually had.

After a while of waiting, a man comes around the corner of a hallway, following him are two of the police people that appear to work here. The man leading has a flag of what looks like it belongs to the UK printed right on the side of his shoulder just above his elbow. However the other two have United States flags printed on their own upper arms. They hold my mother and a g- My mother! I rise to my feet and Carson does the same, his face so pale he looks like he is going to vomit any second. I look at my mother and she looks angry- no, angry would be an understatement. She has handcuffs secured around her wrists, as well as the man being held by a cop beside him.

The man leading the group stops a few feet in front of me. He studies me and his eyes become glossy. I can tell he tried to hold in his sobs, "you're just as beautiful as they said you were." He silently says with a thick British accent. My confusion rate is extremely high, and it's beginning to make me uncomfortable. I take a step back, almost going behind Carson to hide myself from the extreme awkwardness and fear threatening to attack me. The man's comfortable approach is so many different things, I look at my mother who is scowling at the floor. I want her to speak up and tell me what is going on before I have a tantrum in front of everyone, but I don't know what to say to her or how to do it. I can see by the look on her face she won't be speaking anytime soon so that leaves me no way to really know if this is dangerous or not.

"Who are you? And why do you have my mother and some random dude handcuffed?!" I can't process all the days events in my head. I could faint any moment now, and part of me wants that to happen, I wouldn't exactly mind being unconscious for a few moments leaving everyone to work this out without having me to worry about.