Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Dude you have a sister? Since when?" A friend of Leo's asks eagerly when Leo greets him at the door. I look over at the two of them and see Leo put a hand over the other guy's mouth in attempt to shut him up. There's not a doubt in my mind telling me they were speaking about me over the phone when I first arrived. I sit on the couch munching on an apple with the new phone resting on my thigh. I gave up on trying to figure out how the stupid device works a while ago, then I got hungry and saw an apple in the fridge but as I munch on the apple my mind wanders eventually leading me to think of Carson and now I'm lost deep into my thoughts remembering his face, his words, his scent, the way he laughed. It confuses me why he let me go so easily. Well he obviously knew about the whole Alan thing, it was an act. Duh. A random voice states inside my head. I could be wrong, but I could be just as right. He wouldn't do that, would he? I try to think back to anything that could have lead me to being suspicious of him, but he seemed too surprised when he found out what his father was doing to have something to do with it. However he did say things like "I know" and "I told him not to" that clearly means he knew, but the reason behind it is what I am trying to figure out before I make assumptions.

My thoughts disappear when Leo and Elijah? Enter the room. "Wow! She is hot! Holy-" Leo's eyes go wide and he sends his friend a death glare. I crinkle my nose and look at whatever his name is who has his gaping at me. "Elliot! Shut up and back off! She is unavailable." Ah, Elliot is his name. I wonder how Leo knew about Carson, or maybe he didn't, maybe it was just because Elliot is being a immature creep. I begin to think of Carson again, continuously asking myself weather I am "available" or not. Elliot isn't ugly, but he isn't Carson, you can tell right off the bat that he's a player; I just sure hope Leo isn't like that as well. Elliot's eyes scan me until Leo shoves him away in the other direction towards to towering stair case giving me a quick wave signaling he will be upstairs with Elij-Ellio- whatever the weirdo's name is.

My father comes into the ginormous living room with a few papers in his hand. He wears a different uniform from when I first met him, this one is still the same Navy blue color and still has the same writing and symbols printed on it, it just looks more immitating than the one back in the States. His facial hair has begun to grow only to the point where it looks like he hasn't shaved in 2 or 3 days. He looks at me, "are you ready?" I jump up from my spot of the couch holding my apple in one hand and my phone in the other.

"Where to?" I ask curiously. My father runs a hand through his hair keeping his eyes on the papers in his other hand. The familiar actions causes my stomach to drop. I should be mad at him, I should be. He let me go so easily not caring what could happen to me; maybe he doesn't realize he won't ever see me again. But I'm not mad. In fact, I don't feel any part of me blaming him at all for anything which is strange. At the moment I miss him more then anything as if it wasn't him breaking us apart.

Marc still hasn't responded to my question, but I quickly forget about that topic and bring up another one. "Do you by any chance happen to have the number of Carson Hollins?" I ask cautiously; I need to learn how far my father can go until he reaches the breaking point.

"The boy who flipped his lid when I mentioned his father?" Marc raises a brow looking at me questioning weather he guess right or not. I press my lips into a line. That's not exactly how I wanted him to remember Carson.

"Um, yeah." I feel awkward asking for Carson's number. I can't discover what exactly makes me feel nauseous, maybe it's the fact that Marc-my father- has been hunting Carson's father down as well as me and my mother for years, or maybe it's just weird talking to your dad about your boyfriend? Do all girls feel like this, or this is another thing to add to my list of things that make me weird?

"Honey, I don't know if I can share that." He says shaking his head. My facial expression becomes hard.

"Dad." I say sternly without thinking. His head shoots up and his eyes become hopeful when I call him dad. But I correct myself, "Marc." His eager facial featurs turn into a frown. I feel a naseous feeling in the bottom of my stomach, how did I let myself just call him dad? I suddenly am unable to speak. Like my throat had closed and my tongue has disappeared. I swallow hard trying to think of what to say and how do to it without throwing up. But I think of Carson, all by himself in the United States, thounsads of miles away with a father who could be brought to jail once again, and no mother to comfort him. As mad as I should be at him, I know I should be the one to comfort him even if he's made mistakes, even when he let me go, he did it but he will learn from it, eventually. And as of nopw, I need to be there, we all make mistakes, we're all human, that's just who we are