Chapter Eleven

Hey guys! here's another chapter... i never know what to say in these intros so.. just enjoy the chapter, lol.....

I decide to come home during my lunch period at school and eavesdrop on my mother and Kristy, knowing they will both be at the house aorund this time. There's too many things that are a secret to me, things I should know but I don't because that's just how it is. If they won't tell me, then I will need to find out for myself and as far as I know, this seems to be the only way I can figure things out. I make sure the hall is empty before creeping out from behind the shadows and scurrying to the door. I told Rina I was going to go pick something up from the doctor and I needed to leave as soon as possible, so she wouldn't come looking for me. Lies, the person inside my head reminds me. But I can't bring any people into the situation in fear for their own safety. I'm counting the steps until I make it to the school door and when I can stop holding my breathe. 5. . . 4-

"Where are you going?" I hear behind me. I stop, closing my eyes and, letting out a frustrated sigh. I was so close. I turn and roll my eyes at the smirk Carson gives me, and stay silent shifting my eyes to the door every so often plotting a great escape plan inside my head.

"Rina told me you like to skip lunch. But it's not because of me is it?" He says keeping the smirk right in it's place on his face.

"Yeah, we'll just because she said that doesn't mean it's true. I recommend you stop believing everything you hear." I snarl at him.

"What?" He asks arching an eyebrow. He doesn't seem the least affected bu what I just told him, and now I really want to just leave but my feet won't budge.

"Nothing," I roll my eyes again. "I have to go," I try to turn and leave but he grabs my arm. The impact gets my heart racing, blood rushes to face and my mind screams pure panic. I try to keep myself from screaming bloody murder as he tries to talk to me but he fails as making any words come from his lips.

"Stop it!" I screech slapping his hand away from my arm.

"What did I do?" He asks, confusion hinting his face. As if I am going to fall for that, the escape plan doesn't seem to work well as I made it out to be in my head, when I try to slowly work through it.

"Grabbing my arm every time I try to walk away! It's weird, just stop!" I self consciously wrap my hand around the spot where he touched my arm as he looks at my arm with apologetic eyes.

"Sara," he sighs looking me right in the eye, "if I'm correct, you're just trying to avoid me," he says. Well obviously, took him long enough.

My heart keeps the fast pace as the silence grows and grows. The place where his hand was placed on my wrist is still warm compared to the rest of my freezing arm. I sigh suddenly softening my voice for reasons that are unknown, "I just have to take care of something, i'll be back soon"

"I'm coming," he says digging his car keys from his pocket. I huff, annoyed and slightly angry, also somewhat confused. "What? No! I have to go to my house," I tell him.

"And. . ." He trails off trying to see the point I'm trying to make, but it doesn't make sense as to why he doesn't understand I don't want to be followed.

"And you can't come," I say in frustration.

"Sara, listen to me, I can sense you don't trust me, and I don't know why. I'm trying my hardest but no matter what you still hate me, so let me come and I can show you that you can trust me," he says.

I think about it, maybe he wont be much of a bother but if he hears things he isn't supposed to- which is likely- things will get ugly. Maybe- "No! No, Carson the answer is no." I state putting my hands to my hips, "And you know, this is a personal thing and-"