Chapter Seven

Hey guys! sorry i havent updated in a couple of days, i hope you are all emjoying the story :)))

*********************

One week. It's been exactly one week since I found the box, along with everything inside of the box, getting me closer and closer to finding out what family I used to have. But, it's also been a week since I've even looked at the box, because I can't find the courage to see it again. The box just sits in the corner of my closet covered by an old blanket I used to have when I was 9.

My mother has been escorting me to school everyday now, making sure I get to the front doors of the school safely. I can't help but feeling great suspicion towards her. Another thing thats bothers me is that  Kristy hasn't been around much latelty, which, half of me feels lonely, even though she is sometimes out of her mind, but the other half of me feels angry. I know that she knows things I don't and something or someone is preventing her from telling me anything; but not for long.

"Have a good day, remember what I said," my mother says to me as I get out of the car.

"Yeah, yeah avoid eye contact with everyone. I got it mom," I say coldly, over my shoulder before shutting the door and walking forward without looking back at the car. My mother recently came to the conclusion that now I am older, people are smarter and it is easier for my peers to figure things out, things like my identity. But, I don't have a hard time trying to disagree with that. To me, it depends on the person and their attitude, maybe even how good of an actor they are, but weather I act a certain way or not, I don't think it's easy to figure out that I am not Sara.

The cold air stings my cheeks as I walk to the front doors if the school, longing to get into the warm atmosphere of the school building. Snow and ice crunch underneath my shoes making me cringe as the strange feeling. Once I enter and the feeling returns in my face, a girl, with hair so dark it looks black, comes up to me. She is about my height, but I could easily be an inch taller. I've seen her around before, she hangs out in Carson's passé which makes me want to walk away and ignore her, but my mother's fce suddenly pops into my head making every voice telling me to move, shut up.

"Hey there!" She says excitedly. She is deffinetly more perky then she shows, making me a little uneasy. I try not to look directly in her eyes. I don't want her to think that I will be friend with her that easily, but I will try to consider being her friend.

"Hey," I say unsure of myself.

"I'm Rina." She replies a little more tranquil than before.

"Sara."

"Yeah, I know who you are, all Carson does is talk about you."

My stomach flips and my heart rate picks up, I even feel myself blush. Why is Carson talk about me? This is exactly what will make my mother irate if she were to ever find out. Attention is one of the biggest things to aviod ever since i've ever been in "hiding".

"He um," I shift from one foot to another nervously, "he talks about me?"

Rina loops her arm in mine and begins to walk down the hall. I immediately snatch mine away and she gives me a look, as if she is questioning what the heck is wrong with me, but she doesn't say anything outloud.

"Anyway," she says a little awkwardly, "he talks about you all the time. Sometimes it's slightly annoying but theres nothing I can do, that boy is lovestruck." She says picking at her manicured nails. I feel my face burn, and suddenly I feel nauseous. I give her a blank stare, I want to say something but there isn't anything I can say.

"You know what? I like you, come sit with me and my friends at lunch?" She asks.I nod still frozen and unable to speak.

"Good, now if you'll excuse me, I have to go fake the death of my turtle, Jerry, to get away with not doing my homework."