Chapter Fifteen

I wake up, sun rays beam through my window blinding me until I force myself to turn my head in a different direction. I can't break the smile from my face when everything comes back to my mind replaying every moment over again. Last night I realized I was wrong for every believing what my mother said, trying to convince myself to believe the same, not everyone is as bad as you may think when you first meet them; Carson sets that example perfect. Though most of my feelings are screaming with excitement, there are those few voices in my head telling me to give him no chances, but the way I see it now is unless he gives me a reason, I don't see why I should hate him.

I throw myself out of bed fixing the fly away hairs from my messy ponytail that I slept in the previous night. I stare back at my reflection in the mirror examining every angle of my face beginning to see that my brown hair doesn't look so bad on me as I thought when it was first dyed. It's not perfect and it doesn't compliment me to an extreme, but it makes me look more presentable then I looked before, I'm beginning to like it more and more which is a strange feeling because I have never been a person to focus on how I look let alone even think about it. This must be side affects of a happy mood, it's starting to freak me out a little, but I think I can handle it. I walk down the stairs- no, more like skip; what the heck has happened to me. My emotions differ from last night tremendously the only reason I feel this way is because of Carson. It has to be! I haven't after this way in forever and he really seemed to make me feel much better then I have felt in years. I shake my head trying to bring myself back into reality before someone notices my sudden change in mood. I walk into the kitchen; Kristy sits at the table typing on a computer not acknowledging me, when I walk in

"Hey," I say walking past her, towards the fridge not expecting an answer at all. However I do get one while I dig through the items in the fridge. "Hello sweetheart. Where's your mother?" She asks in a robotic-like voice. I look over my shoulder at her to see her eyes still glued to the screen, not even twitching as she types on the keyboard quickly.

"I don't know," I reply flatly, agitated that we can barley have a regular conversation since we have moved here. Not much has changed this move as I have mentioned before, so the sudden acts of suspicion and huge space affecting the relation ship between my mother and I, and Kristy and I, are really beginning to bother me as time goes by. After no response, I removed my head from the inside of the fridge and turn to face Kristy who doesn't look at me; not surprising. "Why?" When she suddenly stops typing on her keyboard with wide eyes, that's all it takes for me to take a step closer to her, a stern, curious expression on my face.

"Kristy, why?" I demand, my voice louder and more strict, demanding a response. "Did she come home last night by any chance?" Kristy asks still avoiding my eyes, looking at the floor, then to her computer screen, then to her keyboard. I think back to last night, having no recollection of ever hearing or seeing my mother in the house at all. I was so tired that I didn't even notice that no one was home. My happiness fades which transitions into worry so fast that I try to take the happiness back inside my head, but it doesn't work. Everything is becoming more strange as the days pass and I want to know why; I want the answers that no one is giving me.

I want to stomp my feet, grab a chair and just throw it at the wall demanding that the lies and suspicious actions stop, I want to yell at her threatening her if she doesn't tell me the truth. However, whatever she is hiding is way more important then a broken chair and a hole in the wall, so I just sigh. "No she didn't actually." I straighten my posture, curious but also worn out from this game of theirs.

"All right dear. I have a meeting I will be back for lunch." Kristy says as she packs her things quickly and heads out the door faster then I ever thought she could move for her age. Not that she's old or anything, but with those heals and at least 10 years older then myself, you'd be surprised how fast she can exit an awkward scenario.