Chapter One

Hey guys! This is my first book and I hope you enjoy it. Now.... Lets begin:

The moment my eyes open I see a whole story in front of me. My story. Everything that has happened in my life that brought me up to this exact moment.

It was moving day, again. The amount of times I have moved have become more then I can count. Obviously theres a reason for it, it's because my dad is on a secret mission; to find me.

Long stort short, my dad is told to be a
"very bad man" as my mom used to quote when I was like 3. As I got older she would add little details here and there, like the fact that my mom took me, and ran away from my dad when I was 6 and a half. The strange part of this all, is that I have very little memory of my life before we escaped.

My mother tells me that each day we were with my father got more and more dangerous, in which way, I don't know. Not that I would remember anyways, nine years later and here we are, running away once again.

Ever since my mother and I disappeared, my father has been looking for me. Why? I don't seem to know that either. I haven't managed to get that much information out of my mother. Somehow my mother seems to "sense" when he has found our location once again and then we would be forced to move. We've moved to at least twetny-six different states in the United States, and every single time, my father has been so close to finding me. Part of me wants him to find me, but the other part believes everything my mother tells me and fears what he will do to me when and if he finds me.

A team of lawyers and special protection staff have kept me from ever meeting my father. Along with the moves, I've dyed my hair numorous times, recieved six different shades of eye colored contacts and each time, recieved a different name. A diffetent identity.

Today however, this specific move is our last, I'm going to make sure of it. This is becoming too much for me, and now that I'm older, the pieces are coming together and I realize that no matter who my father is, what crimes he's committed, I want to meet him for myself. Or maybe it's just a phase.

My thoughts are gone in a flash when my mother appears in front of me, with her hands on her hips. Did I forget to mention she still calls me by my real name? Only occasionally though, and only when we're absolutely alone, in fear that my father could somehow be listening.

"Annaliese! Why are you still in bed?" She fake scowled at me. I cringed at the sound of my real name. Annaliese, it reminds me too much of my dad, not at all in a good way. My mind wants to search for images of him, but nothing is familiar to me.

"I just woke up mom," I grumbled, "whats the occasion anyway?" I asked.

"Very funny," my mom mummbled rolling her eyes, "get up, moving truck will be here soon, as well as Kristy."

Kristy was the girl who kept track of everything. New places to move, school enrollments, names, permission from the state to use a new name. But one of her favorite things was transforming me. It was her specialty to make me look as different, but cute, as possible. She held all my records as well, things like, every shade my hair and eyes have ever been, as well as every name I've ever had.

"Oh Joy!" I fake cheer, "what color will my hair be today? Baby blue?" I throw myself out of bed and dig through a half open box full of my clothes. My mother takes out her phone, probably checking her e-mail in which she will have received all of my information about my new appearance.

It's silent for a while as my mom looks through a new e-mail on her smart phone. I don't even have to ask if it's Kristy, I already know it is.

"Dark Chocolate Brown." My mother says keeping her eyes glued to the screen of her phone. "Paired with some lovely dark brown eyes."

I feel relief instantly, at least I won't have something like the bright, red, curly hair I was forced to have in the seventh grade.

I was a natural blonde with light blue eyes, and I would prefer to keep it that way, but I wasn't fortunate enough for that.
"Yeah," I sigh, "that's great." I show no emotion and give little enthusiasm. My dad could be right down the street, but of course my mother is dragging me away again.

"I'm going to go get breakfast from the pancake place down the street, want anything?" My mom asks.

I don't look at her but I think for a moment, "banana pancakes."

"All right. I'll be back, and if Kristy comes, let her in, please, don't let today be like a few years ago."

I huff, once when I was nine, we were moving and my mom left to go drop off some paper work at the police station, while she was gone Kristy just happened to come early. I got scared thinking it was my dad, and called the cops, telling them to come as fast as they could so I wouldn't die. But I was nine! I wasn't supposed to know any better and my mom just cant seem to let it go apparently.

"Yeah, yeah," I mummble.

After changing quickly, I tape the last three boxes closed just as I hear Kristy barge in through the front door downstairs.

"Oh, come right in." I say rolling my eyes, walking down the stairs to meet her.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed, however it wasn't me" she coos, clasping her hands together and smiling real big, "anyway, I need to get started pronto, you mom still needs to register you for highschool when you arrive in Oregan."

My eyes widen and I suddenly feel light headed. "Oregan?!" I only half yell.

"Yes sweetie, I just said that. Try to stay with me." She says softly as she sets her purse down. Her curly blonde hair sits in a perfect pony tail, I always find myself jealous of her, she can wear her hair the way she wants, she can use her birth name, she can tell anyone about herself and her backstory, but I can't.

"Let's get started." She pulls out the dark brown hair dye from her purse, and I brace myself. Here we go again, me, trying to be someone I'm not.