Chapter Forty

Final Chapter
2 Months Later....

The windows of my father's car are rolled down and the music on the radio is loud, filling our ears with positive vibes are we cruise down the road towards the airport. Today is the day I drive Mason and Beth to the airport where they will start an adventure of a chance they decided to take. I'm extremely excited for them and I can't wait to hear all sorts of stories, see pictures and all that fun stuff.

"I'm kind of nervous, what about you Beth?" Mason says fiddling with his fingers. I look in the mirror to see Beth reapplying her makeup, smiling as she does so. "No- I mean, maybe a little. America is far." She says. Beth is a platnum blonde with slightly tanned skin and big light brown eyes. No body knows how she got her brown eyes though, it's an odd mix but it suits her well.

"Theres nothing you guys have to be afraid of I swear," I tell my friends. "Just watch out for bigfoot." I mumble before bursting out in laughter. Mason's eyes grow wide. "What?! What's a bigfoot and why are you laughing like that? It's scaring me." I start laughing even harder, slowing the car down as I attempt to calm down. His facial expression was absolutely hilarious, if only I had gotten that in a picture. I calm down and smile, "no worries!"

Mason nods but looks uneasy for the rest of the car ride. I adjust the sunglasses on my face, as we get out of the car once I found a parking space. Mason gets the luggage out of the car while I walk over to Beth, "I think he's more afraid than you are." I whisper to her. She laughs, "I think so too."

We walk into the airport and I immediately see images of my old self running through the airport behind a stranger I now know as my father. Everything is so familiar to me and it's a good thing to me. We go through security and stop at a little coffee shop placed right before the plane gates.

"So what do you guys plan to see again? I keep forgetting." I take a bite of my cookie enjoying the warm taste of chocolate in my mouth even though it's the beginning of August and the airport is at least 200 degrees.

"First stop, New York City, then we make our way West from there stopping at different locations, turning around in California, going back up to New England and going to Niagra Falls before heading back to New York and catching a plane back here." Mason says successfully white stuffing some sort of English treat into his mouth. I nod and laugh when Beth sends him a disgusted look after he spit some of the food out onto the table by accident.

After a while of small talk, I realize how much I'll miss both Mason and Beth. They've become like my best friends and it's funny to think how I met Mason when my life seemed to be falling apart and now look at me. I feel like I've seen so much change, but for the good.

Mason and Beth's plane is called over the intercom so we proceed to gate J5 where a line of people wait to get onto the plane. When they finaly get close enough where it's almost their turn to give their tickets in and get onto the plane, I hug them both and wish them luck on their trip, promising to pick them up when they return. I stand there at the gate until their plane takes off many minutes later.

I sigh and turn, making my way out of the airport ready to head home and- "Sara!" I freeze. I know that voice from anywhere. It's the voice that built me up when I felt like I couldn't do it on my own. It's the voice that made me feel so protected and like I wasn't alone. It was the voice that gave me confidence and hope about the future. But it's also the voice that later began to see the differences in us, and began to fight. It's the voice that broke my heart.

I can't decide weather I should turn around or walk out of here pretending not to hear the voice and if I make it fast enough, I can get to the car without any trouble. Another desicion, another chance, another oportunity, except this one will only last seconds, the consequences can last a life time though. So I take it, I accept the chance and I turn around.

There stands Carson. The boy who I loved more then I ever thought possible. The boy who I thought forgot about me. And the boy who I never believed I truly missed until I broke out into tears in the middle of the airport. He ran to me and threw his arms around me, hugging me so tightly it was hard to breathe, but even if he hasn't held me tightly, breathing wouldn't have been easy anyway. Not after the emotions that washed over me like a tidal wave.

The smell of him is so familiar, it's like he was never away. But he was, he left me for a while to get through this all on my- wait. I realize that him leaving helped me. It helped me because it allowed me to figure things out on my own. Though it may seem cruel, it makes all the sense in the world to me. His absense showed me how to live, it showed me that even though I was unable to live very much before, now I have been given a chance and just like a baby needs to learn how to walk, I needed to learn how to live and deal with things on my own. And now I know, and now he's back. But is this all an illusion or is he really here?

He pulls away and I see it. I see him; his eyes. The same blue they've always been and I know it's real. He is here. he is standing right in front of me. He puts his hands on my face looking directly into my eyes, trying to find me, but I'm here, this is me. I'm no longer a book with a cover, I'm just the book, open for the world to read and now I'm not afraid. I want people to see me, I want them to know I am okay, I survived the things that some people can't live to see the end of. And here I am.

Here I am Carson, I am here to stay, I am done being a piece of a project, I am done being a fake, and I'm done being broken. But are you?

The End.