Chapter Three

Hey! Here is chapter 3 for you all! Hope you enjoy, tell me what you think in the comments;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kristy sits in the passanger seat with a clipboard that has a black leather cover to it and silver pen to match her obnoxious Gucci bag. These things have been her obsession for years. She turns to face me and smiles a small smile.

"You are not Lauren anymore," she begins.

"Oh really?" I say with the most amount if sarcasm I can throw at her "'Cause I really th-"

"Watch it. I'm really sick of your attitude." My mother cuts me off narrowing her eyes at me through the car mirror.

"And I'm really tired of you constantly changing who I am." I scowl and turn my attention to the window. Trees are covered in a light blanket of snow, which also coat the roads making it look as if the road had been lightly sprinkled with sugar.

"Anyway," Kristy takes a breathe looking stressed and tired. Reading off of the paper on her clipboard she says: "your name is Sara Grace Gentry and your mother is Traci Gentry. If anyone asks you moved from Alaska."

"Great," I cross my arms in annoyance, "more lies to tell right? Because that's all I get to speak of apparently."

"We are trying to protect you," Kristy says sternly, "and you should be more appreciative."

"Maybe I don't want your protection! Maybe I want to meet my dad, see what he is like for myself, but no. Had to drag me away without giving me a chance to say how I feel."

"You were 6 for crying out loud!" My mother yells trying to focus on driving, but messing up horribly. The car swerves to the left, then to the right. My head hits the window sending a shooting pain above my ear.

"I wasn't going to interrogate you and ask to make a life or death situation!" My mother speaks up. That's overly dramatic, this is not a life or death situation, I would bet anything that nothing would happen to me if I was myself.

"Still," I say patting the area where I will now most likely get a bruise on my head, "I should've gotten a say, I'm still a person, and you guys treat me as if I'm a dog. As if this is all okay with me because I'm completely clueless."

No one responds, and I don't expect them to. Kristy looks disapprovingly before exchanging a worried glance with my mother and turning back to face the road twisting her curly blonde hair in her fingers.

I look out the window again and rest my chin on my fist. As we pass buildings I do my best to not punch the window. My anger really gets the best of me, I've tried to fix it, but my mother's constant stupid actions build the anger up and after having nothing to let out my anger on for so many years, it just gets too much to handle and suddenly it becomes part who I am.

A big building comes into view, it's quite pretty I must say, and one of the biggest buildings i've seen so far. My mom pulls into the parking lot and I soon realize, this is my new school.

"All right Sara," my mom says, "Ready?"

"What choice do I have?" I say in annoyance as I open the door, jump out and slam it shut.

My mom shakes her head before heading inside beside Kristy. I follow behind them careful not to be too far behind. The small fear of somehow getting kidnapped by my father still lingers in my brain. Usually I'm scared out of my mind. But now I'm more unsure of how to feel then ever. I'm defiantly less scared then I was 3 years ago, but a small portion of it has decided to stay. The thought of somehow meeting him and could end up being the worst mistake of my life is what I fear most. I shiver and I don't think it's from the chilly, early November air.

As soon as we enter the front doors of the school, I notice two benches and a door that leads to the office. A boy occupies on one of the two benches staring blankly at a wall. A red and black backpack sits beside him, half open with some books neatly placed inside. He snaps out of his daze when the front doors open and his eyes immediatley meet mine, I look away and fiddle with my fingers. When I look back up I notice he's still staring at me. I look to my left and notice I have paused in the middle of the entrance and my mom nor Kristy is no longer standing there. I gasp and run into the office hearing a soft chuckle behind me.

Whats so funny?

+++

"Are you all right sweetie? You look a little shaken up." Kristy asks. We sit in two chairs in the office while my mother is up at the front desk, signing papers to enroll me to the school.

"Yeah, just some stupid boy was being a creep by staring at me." I say shrugging.

"Ooh a boy? Was he cute? Aw, he probably thought you were pretty!" Kristy says nudging me with her elbow. Did I forget to mention Kristy still acted like a teenager sometimes? It was extremely annoying and it made her look very unprofessional. I think the only reason she did it was to act cool, and more like a best friend to me, but it never worked.

"Yes a boy, now knock it off." I could feel myself turning red. I hadn't really payed too much attention to the boy. All I really knew was he had black hair that went along with his olive colored skin and ocean blue eyes. He could, in the smallest way ever, be found attractive, but the way he was staring at me didn't persuade me at all to ever be interested.

"Oh you know you like him too. I can just see you two together already." Kristy says smiling and looking into the air. I suddenly feel angry; ready to burst at any second. She didn't know his first name, or probably didn't know what he even looked like! Yet, she was already picturing us together in her head?

"You know what? I'm waiting in the car." I snatch my moms keys from Kristy's hand and rush out the office door before she can say anything.

There sits the boy, smirking right at me. I stop and glare at him, and he stares right back at me. I begin to get nervous, the way he looks at me is suspicious and it's freaking me out. My heart rate picks up to the point where its the only thing I can hear in my ears. Does he know something I don't? Does he know who I am? Suddenly I do the only thing I can think of.

Run out the door.

The cold air hits my cheeks once I exit the school. I run through the parking lot eventually finding my mother's car, but, I'm out of breathe by the time I climb in. I lean my head against the window and close my eyes, trying to dream of a life, other than this one.