Chapter Three

The battle on the bridge

I woke up seeing a bright light in my face. "She's waking up!!!" I groaned as I heard Naruto's scream and sat up. When I sat up I saw everyone surrounding me. "It's great to see you awake Saki." I looked over at Kakashi sensei "How long was I out?" "3 days, you have a lot of bruises that are still healing and you were almost completely out of chakra." I nodded "What did I miss?" "Well, as I'm sure you realized before you passed out. Zabuza is still alive." I nodded "I sensed a presence of someone else when the battle first started." He then looked at me shocked. "Everyone I need you to give Saki and I the room." Everyone looked at us confused but left. "Saki, did you know that you're a sensory type ninja which is extremely rare.  It shows mostly upon tracker like ninja's. This means that you will not only have the ability to sense chakra and presences that most ninja aren't able to but you will be even better at concealing your chakra." I nodded "I always found it odd that I was able to sense these presences that no one else was capable of sensing. It's been like that since I mastered chakra control and began to expand on my training. What kind of training can I do to enhance my skill?" "When we get back we can organize a schedule for you but that is all dependent on you Saki. I know that you say you want to be a ninja and I know of many people who can help you to achieve your goal of learning how to protect others. I know of your relationship with Sakura and your family and I know that you aren't allowed certain things because of your sister. I'm willing to help you by allowing you to move in with me and training you personally. I'll only do this if you are dedicated to this training Saki." I smiled genuinely for the first time in forever. "Like I said before sensei, I want to be a ninja so that I can protect those I care about sensei so I am committed more than anything to becoming as strong as I can no matter what." He nodded "Once we get back I will prepare your room. You can pack all your things as soon as you get back and we can move them the next day." I nodded "Thank you so much sensei." he sighed "You may not know it but I've seen you with all those bruises when your parents would beat you. I've seen you whenever your sister would bully you and everything you've endured and it angers me seeing you endure so much but not being able to do anything about it. I want you to know that no matter what I'm here for you." "Thank you once again sensei" he nodded "I'm about to teach the team chakra control, you mind being a demonstrator" "Of course!"

           After my demonstration I decided to go train as well. I walked deeper into the woods to get some privacy. I pulled out my twin blades and closed my eyes remembering the feeling.

Flashback
I stood catching my breath for a brief second staring at Zabuza."You are really strong child for your age. It's too bad I'll have to kill you but I just might keep you alive long enough so that you'll witness all these other kids die after I take out your senses." I groaned as I felt this intense pain surge through my body as I got angry at his words. I suddenly felt as if I had a bunch of chakra and an increase of energy. I then heard this voice in my head 'I am here for you child. You have activated the first stage of your Zaigan" When I looked down at my blades I noticed they were glowing a red color. "You won't be killing anyone here!"

I suddenly felt the same feeling. "I see you want to learn how to use this power child." I sat down in the clearing focusing on this voice until I wasn't sitting in the forest anymore. When I looked around I was that I was in a clearing similar to the training grounds. When I looked up I saw this woman with beautiful long golden hair. Observing her more I noticed that she had a tattoo on her arm and she seemed to have these angel wings but something I paid more attention to were her golden eyes. "Who are you and where am I" she smiled and her voice answered seeming very angelic. "I am Rie, the goddess of wisdom and war. And we are actually in your own mind scape." "How are you here and how is this possible?" "Sit child, this will be a long conversation." I nodded sitting down as she began "I'll start easy. Ever since the beginning of the shinobi world was established there has been a birth of a child who is completely different from everyone else. She is always born with a birth mark. It represents war signifying that war is coming. I was the first person born with it. We are born to be protectors of the shinobi world in times of war specifically against the tailed beasts. Every time we come in contact with the host of a tailed beast once we reach 12 we unlock the first stage of our Zaigan which is dependent on who we are. Mine activated when I was 12 once I came in contact with the 8 tails, Gyūki. I managed to protect the tailed beasts as much as possible until I died to the hands of Madara, my lover.
Your powers activated due to the 9 tailed beast, Kurama, who's host is the child Naruto. His presence and life being in danger, threatened forced your powers to awaken in a protective state. That's your natural response to it but it's a lot more than protecting the tailed beasts. You are assigned to protect the host with your life. And I am the person who will give you your assignment but only when you are ready. We will be going through months of training to strengthen your Zaigan. Anything that you do in your mind you will have the ability to do in the real world." I took all of the information in "What happens if I can't protect the person I'm assigned to?" She looked me in the eyes "War now I'll be sending you to the real world child so that you can take in everything. Come back when you are ready to train which I know will be soon. Your a very smart girl."