Chapter Eight

I walked through the hidden cloud village by myself until I arrived at a tall blue building. Before entering the building I showed the guards my ID card and asked to speak to the Raikage. They sent another ninja to notify the Raikage that I wanted to speak with him. They eventually came back and escorted me up to his office. When I entered his office I saw him sitting at his desk. "What are you doing here, leaf ninja, and who are you?" "My name is Saki Haruno. The hokage sent me here to train with a woman named Ayame Satoshi so that I could train with her for the Chunin exams." "Do you have any proof, if not I will have you escorted from my village." I sighed and showed him the scroll that the hokage gave me. He then had some anbu summon her to his office. When she arrived she glanced at me and went straight over to the Raikage and read the scroll. After reading it she looked at me. "Show them to me." I nodded and activated my Zaigan. "When did you activate them?" "A few months ago, on a C ranked mission with my team. " She nodded and her and the Raikage began discussing my training in whispered voices. Throughout the conversation I could tell that she was frustrated. She then looked at me once again "I'm going to train you over the course of this month here. I will also come back with you to observe the exams. If you pass the chunin exams I will continue your training, if that's what you'd like but I'm letting you know now that it will not be taking place in just one area. We will travel between different villages until your training is completed." I nodded "Thank you." she nodded "Follow me, I'm going to show you where we're going to be staying for the next month." I followed her to a small house that seemed to be away from all the other homes in the village. When we entered showed me to a room upstairs. "This is my guest bedroom. It's yours until the month is over. Get some rest, our training starts tomorrow at noon. Be up and ready so that I can show you to the training ground." I bowed slightly to show my appreciation and prepared to go to bed. 

                 Before going to sleep I decided to check with Rei. I sat on the bed in a meditation position and entered my mind scape. I saw her sitting in the middle of the field in the same position. "Hello Saki, what brings you here today." "I just wanted to check in with you." She smiled at me "I'm fine, how are you feeling? Are you excited about training and those exams your preparing for?" I sighed "I am excited to train, I honestly don't know how I feel about the chunin exams. I've seen the amount of influence Shukaku has on Gaara. I don't want Sasuke to get hurt or possibly killed fighting him although I do know that if it comes down to it my main job is to protect Gaara until I find out who I'm actually supposed to be protecting." she sighed looking at me "I remember when I first found out that I was supposed to protect the jinchuuriki. I was conflicted because at that time I was taking on a lot of responsibilities in the leaf  at that time. I was forced to decide rather  would ignore  my duties as a leaf ninja. Was I supposed to abandon the man I was in love with or should I choose to protect those who's life was threatened just because they were misunderstood. As you see I chose to take my responsibilities as a protector and even when I made that decision but it all started with that decision. You will face decisions like that in the future, it may not be about the man you are in love with but your teammates, friends, sensei's etc.. You just have to be prepared for the consequences to those decisions as well. I will be here to guide you through them as well." I nodded "Thank you Rei, I'm glad to have you here to guide me. I'll be back to visit soon." she smiled and I left my mind scape and went to bed.

              I woke up the next morning and immediately began to get ready for the day. Once I was ready I went straight down stairs. When I entered the living room I saw that she was already waiting for me. "Are you finally ready?" "Yes, I am" she then showed me how to get to the training grounds. As we walked I noticed that we passed an academy, restaurants, and even parks for children. The village was honestly beautiful and really colorful. The villagers seemed to be vibrant and full of energy. 

              The training ground we arrived at was secluded but located closely to the Raikage's office. "This is the Raikage's personal training ground. He has given us, more specifically you, the opportunity to train here for the next month. Before we get started I need to know what you've been training on and who you've been trained by." I nodded "My sensei is Kakashi Hatake but I do also get trained by Might Gai whenever he allows me too. He's been training me on how to perfect my sensory skills, weapons training, hand to hand taijutsu, and we also did advanced chakra control training." "Did you figure out your chakra natures?" "Yes, they are fire, wind, and earth. A lot of my training has mostly been on my fire chakra nature." she nodded "I'm assuming you know a lot of the basic jutsu. I want you to show me everything you know." I looked at her shocked as she pulled out her katana smirking. "I need to see if any of that training is actually effective in combat. If not, we'll have a lot to work on." She then got into a fighting stance "So, show me what you got kid."