Chapter Eleven

A New Journey

Saki's POV

             I felt like I was lost. During the attack on the village the hokage was killed by Orochimaru. The hokage was the reason I was able to train with Kakashi and the reason I got to meet Ayame.  When he found out about my powers he connected me to Ayame-sensei and since then she's been extremely helpful in discovering my power especially since Kakashi seemed to take more of an interest in Sasuke. Over the past few weeks I had spent my time helping rebuild some of the buildings and doing clean up around the village. I felt lost because I had an option to leave the village although I hadn't received a promotion to chunin yet.

             It was late but I was walking through the village thinking when I saw Sasuke. I noticed that it seemed like he was leaving the village or planning something. "What are you doing out so late Sasuke?" he looked shock to see me but then removed emotion from his face.

Sasuke's POV

             I decided that I needed to leave at night. I knew it would be less likely for anyone to see me and try to stop me. I was surprised when I saw Saki walking through the village seemingly in deep thought until she saw me with my bag. "What are you doing out so late Sasuke?" I looked at her emotionally "I'm leaving Saki." she looked at me shocked. "Your going to Orochimaru, aren't you. What about Naruto, Sakura, Kakashi, and me? We're supposed to be a team, you know that we, especially Naruto, would do anything to stop you." I took a step closer to her. "I need more power to kill Itachi and Orochimaru is the best way to do it." I charged lightning into my hand "I'll be back but don't try to stop me." She shook her head disappointedly. "What happens if you get revenge on your brother, what will you do after. You've set this goal of power for yourself but what do you plan to do when you achieve it?" I took a couple more steps towards her. "I plan on restoring my clan. I plan to come back to you an we can start a family." I placed a hand on her neck shocking her until she passed out. "I just need you to wait for me."

 Saki's POV

             I woke up on a bench and quickly ran to the Hokage's office and notified of her of Sasuke leaving. She then assigned Shikamaru with the responsibility of retrieving Sasuke. He asked me if I would join but I said no. I knew he wouldn't come back. I could tell from the look in his eyes that there was no convincing him of staying in the leaf. As I walked back home I ran into the retrieval team and Sakura who charged at me angrily. "Why won't you go with him?" "The only person who has a chance of bringing him back is Naruto. I refuse to hurt a teammate even if he's hellbent on revenge. He's too far gone and he's probably not coming back even if it means he has to kill Naruto." She slapped me in anger. "I hate you! I wish I never had a sister like you. You only care about yourself. I wish you would die. You think those eyes of yours make you special but your nothing but a bother and no one will ever love you." She then walked away leaving me stunned. Naruto looked at me as well "I can't believe you would let Sasuke just leave. That makes you so much less than scum Saki." I sighed as the retrieval team then left and went home.     

             I woke up the next day with a huge head ache so I decided to get some food. I then saw Kakashi in the kitchen and he looked at me. "I heard about what happened." I made myself some noodles. "Who told you?" "Shikamaru. I also know about the offer Ayame has with you." I sat down on the couch. "I've been thinking about it lately. It's actually why I was out so late last night." He sat on the couch right next to me. "What have you been thinking?" I sighed "I honestly don't know. I feel like the right thing for me to might be to leave with Ayame and train but if I do I don't know if I'd want to come back." he nodded "Well, if you stay I can train you if you'd like me to." I looked him in the eyes. "Would you have said that if Sasuke were still here?" he looked away from me. "I don't think I'd want to train with you. I honestly felt hurt that once the chunin exams you decided to stop our training so that you could train with Sasuke when you've been training with me for months. My training with Ayame-sensei has been extremely helpful when it comes to my Zaigan. I honestly do want to go with her but I don't know if I'm ready to leave the village yet." he sighed. "I think you should go. You once said that you want to find happiness and learn how to protect those you care about even if it means leaving. No matter what you do I want you to know that you still have friends who care about you. Me, Neji, Gai, Tenten, and Lee. We're all here to support your decisions and your journey." I smiled at him. "Thank you sensei." I then got up "I'll go tell Ayame-sensei that I plan on going with her." "I'm proud of you, Saki. I'll always be here for you if you decide to come back. You can send letters updating me on your progress." I nodded and left to see Ayame-sensei.

                I met her at the hokage office with Lady Tsunade, which was actually a good thing. "Hey Saki, how can I help you today?" "I was actually looking for Ayame-sense. I wanted to let her know of my plans to leave and train with her." she sighed sitting back in her chair "I'm sorry you plan on leaving Saki. " she then reached in her drawer. "I planned on giving this to you on a different day but congratulations Saki, you've been promoted to Jonin." She then passed me a jonin jacket and I put it on and she handed me a new ID that told my new rank. "Thank you so much lady Tsunade." she smiled. "I hope to see you back soon, you are a great asset to the village. Don't forget to write if you need anything" I smiled at her. "I won't" I then looked at Ayame "We'll be leaving this evening so go home and get ready." I nodded and ran home and packed my things. Before leaving I decided to say goodbye to Neji, Tenten, Gai, and Lee. I met Ayame-sensei at the gates and we left.