Chapter Nine

Home sweet home

~Time Skip~

             I walked through the gates of the leaf village with Ayame-sensei. When we arrived we both decided to go see the hokage. When I entered his office he looked extremely stressed and tired but happy to see us. "Hello Saki and Ayame, its great to have the both of you back. How was your training Saki?" I smiled at him "My training was very fun for the most part." he nodded. "I believe that Kakashi is still training Sasuke and Naruto is still training." "Thank you for letting me know. I look forward to seeing you tomorrow." I then left his office and actually decided to head to where I figured Kakashi would be training Sasuke. Just as I expected Kakashi and Sasuke were there working on the lightning blade. Sasuke was the first to see me and he looked surprised. Once Kakashi saw his face and turned to look at me and was shocked as well. 

Sasuke's POV

               I was training with Kakashi when I suddenly sensed this strong chakra presence approaching us that felt familiar. I could tell that Kakashi felt it as well but chose to ignore it. Eventually, I finally saw someone approaching us and I immediately recognized it as Saki but she looked different. She had a long on scar going from her eye to her nose. Her long read hair was now in a ponytail with some left out in a bang to cover one of her eyes. Instead of wearing her usual regular black jacket  and black pants she now wore a fishnet, red jacket, and black skirt with leggings underneath them. Her left arm had what seemed like a tattoo on it from her hand to her elbow and her right arm was bandaged. She smiled when she saw both me and Kakashi but I was honestly shocked to see her. "Hey Sasuke and Kakashi, long time no see." Kakashi looked at her surprised to hear her voice. "Saki, what are you doing here?" she gave a small laugh "Well, the exams are tomorrow and as much as I loved the hidden cloud village I do need to participate in the exams." She looked at me "How's training going Sasuke? I see that Kakashi is teaching you the lightning blade."  I nodded at her "I'm getting it." she nodded and looked at Kakashi "One of the reasons I came directly here was because I didn't want you to think there's an intruder in the apartment. I'll see you guys tomorrow I still have to get some rest since I'm not done healing from my training." I looked at Kakashi confused as to why she said she was sleeping at his apartment. "You live together." She smiled at me and I felt my heart race in my chest. "Yes, I've been living with sensei since we got back from the land of waves." "Why?" "He offered me a nice place to stay to get me away from the years of abuse that came from my family. Since I've moved in Kakashi has been training me until the exams, of course." She turned around but took another look at me. "I'll see you around Sasuke." She then took off leaving me flustered by her sudden presence.

Saki's POV

           After seeing Kakashi and Sasuke I decided to go find a certain red head. After about 10 minutes of searching I found him sitting on a rooftop of a house. I landed right next to him and he looked at me. "Hey Gaara, how are you?" He looked at me seemingly confused. "Why?" "Why am I asking or why am I here?" he looked slightly angry "Why do you care?" I shrugged "One, its my job. Two, I can see that you don't have any supportive people in your life who understand you and care about how your doing which brings me back to my question. How are you Gaara? Has Shukaku been causing you any pain?" he shook his head. "I'm fine. He barely talks to me since we've been here even after you left. Why does he listen to you?" I smiled at him "I'll tell you once we actually get to know each other. I look forward to seeing your fight tomorrow. I ask that you try not to kill my teammate." I then got up and went home.

(A/N: Shortest chapter I've ever written for this book. What do you all think of Saki's new appearance?)