Chapter Fifteen

Sasuke

Saki's POV

           The last few weeks had been hectic. The village has been getting back to normal but since the village has been infiltrated Gaara and I have been guarded nonstop. Gaara had taken back his position as Kazekage and I barely have seen him unless I visit the office or he comes in late to rest. It was honestly becoming frustrating not being able to really spend time with him. Their had been discussions about the Akatsuki going around and collecting Jinchuriki and I couldn't help but feel guilty not being there to protect Naruto. Recently, I had began thinking about going to stay in the leaf for a few weeks especially since I knew Naruto and Sakura would be going after Sasuke soon if they hadn't done so already. I had decided that I wanted to go although my relationship with them wasn't the best and had sent a letter to Tsunade to ask her permission and she had sent a scroll to me saying yes. 

             After receiving the letter I went to Gaara's office seeing his desk full of paperwork as usual. He looked up at me tiredly. "Hey Saki, how can I help you?" I then handed him the scroll and he read it and looked at me again. "Your going to the leaf?" I nodded and he sighed "How long do you plan on staying?" "I'll be staying until I feel like it's the right time to leave. I know that since Naruto has been back there's going to be a team going after him soon and since that was my team at one point and Naruto also has Kiyubi and I want to make sure the Akatsuki doesn't take it as a moment of weakness to get him." "When did you decide to leave?" "I sent the letter last week but I just made the decision." He looked at me hurt. "You didn't tell me you were thinking about leaving." "I'm sorry I didn't want to add on to your stress and we haven't really had time to communicate with each other. You've been busy and it left me with a lot of time to think." he nodded and sighed. "I guess I'll see you in a few weeks. Be safe Saki, I don't want you or need you dying trying to protect everyone." I nodded and gave him a hug and went to pack my things to leave.

             When I arrived in the leaf it felt really weird. I decided to go check in with Lady Tsunade. When I arrived at her office I saw Sakura, Naruto and 2 other people there as well. When I entered they were shocked to see me except for the man and Tsunade. "Saki Haruno will be accompanying you on your mission to capture Sasuke. You will catch her up on everything as you leave dismissed!" Once we left the office Naruto pulled me into a hug. "I'm so glad your here Saki." I smiled at him. "Can't be a Team 7 reunion without me can it?" he shook his head and I looked at the 2 unfamiliar people. "Who are you?" The boy who looked to be around my age spoke first. "I'm Sai and you are also very beautiful." I looked at him weirdly "Thanks, I guess." I then looked at the man waiting for an answer. "I am Yamato, I am temporarily overseeing this team until Kakashi returns." I nodded "It's nice to meet you both although I have a weird feeling about you Sai, I'll be watching." he nodded and we all left.

             It felt weird. A lot had happened on this mission. For the first time I was forced to use my Zaigan on Naruto as he was in tailed beast form and I watched as Yamoto used a tailed beast sealed on him. Then we encountered Sasuke and the last time I saw Sasuke he had told me he would come back for me and then electrocuted me and I woke up on a bench in the middle of the night yet here he stood. He had grown completely and seemed a lot more cold hearted. He looked at Naruto and the others coldly but when he looked at me his eyes seemed to soften slightly. I drew my Katana and he immediately saw the ring on my finger and he looked at me seemingly hurt. I watched as Sasuke was about to attack us until Orochimaru showed up. As he turned to leave he looked back at me and then left.

              A few days had passed since the teams encounter with Sasuke and I was now walking through the village finally able to explore. I walked until I came across the Uchiha compound. As I walked through the compound I saw how beautiful the houses were. I then began to sense a familiar chakra which put me on guard. It seemed far when suddenly it was right behind me. I turned around and saw Sasuke looking at me "I told you I would come back for you, Saki." I gasped as I felt a sudden purge of electricity through my body and passed out. 

~A few Hours Later~

           I woke up with chains around my hands and I seemed to be being carried by Sasuke. Right as I woke up he placed me on the ground seemingly realizing I was awake. I noticed 2 other people with him. "Glad your awake Saki." I glared at him. "Yea, it's so great to see you after years ago when you were leaving you decided to electrocute me, and then I see you again many years later you decide to do the same thing but kidnap me as well." he sighed. "I knew you wouldn't come willingly." "Of course, no better way to solve it then to kidnap me from a village I don't even live in anymore." He looked at the others who were with them and told them to give us a moment. Once we were alone he seemed to lose his 'cold' appearance. "I promised you I would come back for you. I want to restore my clan with you Saki and seeing that ring on your finger made me snap." I looked away from him as he took a step closer to me. "There's no one I know that would be more perfect to start over with. We can get married and restore my clan and you won't have to worry about anything else. I love you Saki and I'll do whatever it takes to make you love me as well." I glared at him once again "I don't love you Sasuke. I am in love and engaged with Gaara and he's the only person I will ever love." he sighed frustrated. "So your telling me all those years ago you never felt anything to me. You never felt anything when we would hang out after training and we would get food and you seemed to blush every time we were alone. You seemed so happy just to be spending time with me but you never admitted it to yourself how much you care for me. There's no coincidence that the day I choose to leave the village you were their to try to get me to stay and rethink my decision. You left the day after I did to begin your training all because of me. You care for me Saki and you just won't admit it." I shook my head although deep down what he said made since. I never cared for Sasuke until we became a team and once that happen I began to care about him a lot....I just never understood to what extent my feelings went and when he left I felt hurt and betrayed but I never understood why him leaving impacting me so much. I was shocked as Sasuke did something I never expected. He kissed me!????

(A/N: I needed to make this story slightly toxic. Everything can't be peaches and cream all the time.)