Chapter Twenty

The Big Day

~2 years later~

Saki's POV

Nervous. I feel so extremely nervous. Everything felt so unbelievable and slightly overwhelming. After nearly 2 years of planning we were finally getting married. Right now I was finally getting ready for the ceremony. My hair and makeup were already done and I had just put on my dress. My hair was braided into a bum that now held my veil over it. Unlike most brides I felt less stress since Temari and Sakura had decided that today they both would make sure all of my arrangements were done and handle anything if it went wrong. I could hear guests starting to arrive slowly and my nerves were slowly getting worse. I looked up as Sakura entered the room in her beautiful peach dress. "Hey, how are you feeling?" I stood up and she stared at my dress.

                     "I feel extremely nervous yet so excited at the same time

"I feel extremely nervous yet so excited at the same time. I can't believe it's finally happening." she smiled at me. "I'm so happy for you and Gaara and I'm so happy you chose me as your bridesmaid." I smiled. "We've grown so much closer Sakura I couldn't imagine not having you here by my side. Your my sister and you've really grow from the person you were when we were kids. I trust you." She dropped a couple of tears and Temari entered in her dress which was a mixture of peach and golden glitter. "Everything is going according to plan and we should be starting really soon. You look so beautiful Saki." I smiled at her. "Thank you Temari. Thanks to both of you for taking over everything today. I know it's probably really stressful." Temari smiled. "It was worth it for the both of you. I can't wait for you to see him. He looks so amazing." I blushed slightly. "I'm sure he does." Kakashi then entered the room. "Everyone is seated and we're about to start." I nodded and took his arm as Sakura, Sasuke, Temari, Naruto and I lined up at the side of the entrance into the room. I took a deep breath and looked at Kakashi as the music began playing. When I entered I saw everyone staring at me which made me more nervous. I smiled as I saw Gaara standing at the end of our isle in his white suit and felt like all my nervousness washed away.

Third Person's POV

Everyone watched as the beautiful red headed bride walked down the isle. You could see how nervous she was for a moment and then those worries seemed to fade away almost instantly. When she reached the end of the isle the elder asked. "And who is giving this woman away?" Kakashi spoke up confidently, his role as an older brother/father figure showing as he handed her over to Gaara and he took his seat in the front row that was open just for him.

Saki's POV

"Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today in the presence of these witnesses, to join Saki Haruno and our 5th Kazekage, Gaara of the Sand in matrimony commended to be honorable among all; and therefore is not to be entered into lightly but reverently, passionately, lovingly and solemnly. Into this - these two persons present now come to be joined. Their time together, they have seen their love and understanding of each other grow and blossom and now they have decided to live out the rest of their lives as one. With this opening statement I want to allow the bride and groom to state their vows starting with the groom." I smiled as Gaara seemed to hold on to my hand tighter than before and look me in the eyes making me blush. "Saki, when I first met you, we both were completely different people. At the time you were a girl that was trying to chase your path of becoming the best kunoichi you could be. When you met me, you didn't judge me, instead you accepted me, despite already knowing the monster I was at that time. Back then I was so confused as you showed me what it means to be kind and caring toward someone even if you don't understand your actions. I remember finding out that you would be staying in the sand for a few years to train. I felt excited because I genuinely wanted to get to know you and at that time I never would have expected we would be here. I knew I was in love with you after our very first date. The strong fearless kunoichi I knew seemed to be extremely nervous the moment I saw her. You blushed every time I looked at you and your nervousness went away when we got to the restaurant. You became so interested and happy to talk to me about my past, my likes, literally everything I said seemed to make you happy. We talked in that restaurant until the restaurant closed. Once our date was over I knew I wanted to make you happy. I wanted to be the reason your smile seemed to light up the room. I wanted to be there to comfort you when you were sad. I wanted to protect and understand you as much as I could. So Saki, I promise to make you as happy as I can. I promise to love and support and protect you until I die. I promise to be there for you when you need me the most. I promise to try to understand you and I promise to accept you and love you for who you are and you continue to grow to be."

I wiped my tears with the napkin Temari handed me. The elder spoke up. "It is now the brides turn to state her vows." I took a deep breath looking into his green eyes. "Gaara, like you said when we met you were a totally different person. You were simply a little boy filled with hate and loneliness and at that time I understood that feeling. Because of my powers I knew where that hate came from. Before meeting you I had no clue what love was. I was so hellbent on being a kunoichi that I never really had an interest in anyone. Meeting you I wanted to understand your pain more. I wanted to get to know you past what everyone viewed you as at the time. When I came here I was so nervous and excited to see you. I wanted to help you as you were learning to control the one tails. When you asked me out I was just beginning to understand the feelings I had for you and I remember talking to my sensei as she begin to explain my feelings in ways I couldn't even think of. The more I was around you the more I fell in love with you. I loved seeing your red hair that was slightly darker than mine. I loved seeing the sparkle in your eyes as you talked about being Kazekage and establishing a relationship with the villagers. I loved asking you simple questions and seeing you think deeply about the question even if it was just 'What's your favorite color?' As we began to date I began to love being near you more, I loved feeling your presence, and I loved simple acts such as holding hands or hugging. More than anything I loved seeing you grow into the wonderful man I knew you could be. You smiled more, you showed your emotions, you talked more, you knew how to lead, and you thought about things deeper than anyone else. You made me happy just by being you and when you finally proposed I wanted to cry because I never expected to fall in love. I never expected to want to be with someone, I never expected to be so in love that I would quite literally give up my powers for someone if it meant they'll live. I never expected any of this but I'm so happy that in the end I got to be with the person who loves me for me and the person who makes me as happy as he can just by being here with me. Gaara, I promise to always love you for you. I promise to be the best wife I can and to make you as happy as I can. I promise to support you when it gets tough for the both of us. I promise to be your best friend who you can always rely on. I promise to never give up on you. I promise to love you until and after I take my final breath." He smiled at me as I finished my final vow to him and I put my hand on his face as a tear seemed to fall. Our elder took the lead again making us exchange rings and more vows. "I now pronounce you two husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." I closed my eyes as Gaara pulled me into a kiss gently.

" I closed my eyes as Gaara pulled me into a kiss gently