Chapter Ten

The Chunin Exams- Part 3

               I watched as Naruto fought against Neji, disappointedly. I've always known how Neji felt about the Hyuga but the way he thought about life and fate were always topics I tried to avoid with because they always seemed to make me uncomfortable especially after the activation of my Zaigan. I understood exactly what Neji talked about when it came to fate and death. I always thought I was just a regular ninja and that's all I would be but fate was the reason I was here in the first place. The mark I was born with decided that I would be a protector of tailed beasts but the reasons I didn't like the decisions because my fate didn't decide how I would die. The decisions I make determine how I live and how I die although fate decided that I would be responsible for protecting them. 

               After the exams started I couldn't help but have this bad feeling in my gut just like the mission with the bridge builder but stronger. There was something off with the exam and I couldn't shake the feeling. I had noticed that the sand village team seemed distant as if they were waiting for something. A few hours into the exam the feeling kept getting worse. The next match was supposed to be Gaara vs Sasuke and I felt extremely anxious. He was running late and I knew it was due to the lightning blade training Kakashi was making sure he perfected it. I watched as Kakashi and Sasuke appeared in the middle of the field with another terrible excuse. Sasuke's arrival made me sure that something was going to happen. The match went different then what I had expected. Sasuke showed a lot of growth with his use of the Sharingan and I felt proud of him. Despite that I could feel the growing bloodlust leaking from Gaara. I was worried that he would lose control butt what I didn't expect is for us to suddenly be attacked by the Sand and Rain villages. I immediately jumped down to defend the Hokage. Before I could get there he was forced into a jutsu with Orochimaru who was posing as the Kazekage. I had noticed that the sand team had ran off and Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke chasing them. I decided to see what Kakashi needed me to do. "Saki, we need you to assure that these villagers are safe. Get them to a safe place as soon as possible. After that you can go make sure that the team is safe." I then sensed Ayame-sensei's chakra behind me. "I'll help you with the villagers." I nodded and we quickly made sure that all the villagers were okay. Once we had majority of the villagers in the safe place I knew I needed to go after the others. "Sensei, I need to check on my teammates." she nodded and I went after them.

I suddenly felt a huge head ache as I saw Gaara and Naruto fighting. Gaara was in tailed beast form and I saw that Naruto needed some help. I performed my summoning jutsu slamming my hand on the ground. "Summoning Jutsu: Hajime."

~Third Person~

           Saki knew what she had to do. She understood that the only way to wake Gaara up was to hurt him but she didn't want to be the one to inflict the pain on him. She called out to Naruto as they both stood on top of their summons. "Naruto, the only way we all make it out of this is to wake Gaara up. You have to do something that forced him to wake up. I'll be the distraction." he nodded at the girl stunned to see her new appearance. The girl made rapid hand signs calling out different jutsu as she attacked the jinchuuriki of the One tails. "Fire Release: Blasting Fire Technique" "Fire Style: Fire Bomb technique" she changed up with her techniques often so that she wouldn't hurt the boy. "Earth Style: Rising Stone Pillars" "Wind Style: Blades of wind" All her attacks coincided with her summons techniques and they worked together smoothly. They were quicker than Shukaku and provided exactly what Naruto needed to reach Gaara. Naruto found his moment and took the opportunity to headbutt Gaara and they both started to fall. I released my summoning jutsu and landed right on my feet adding chakra so I wouldn't injure myself. I ran over to Naruto to make sure he was okay and saw the both of them laying on the ground talking. Gaara's siblings came and I could see that they were concerned for him. "I hope that after your conversation with Naruto that you can now better control Shukaku." he looked at both  me and Naruto confused. "I meant everything I said to you Yesterday. You should all go. We have a lot of work in our village to do." I  went over to Sakura who was passed out on the ground and picked her up and carried her back to the village.