Chapter Five

(This chapter will contain multiple time skips up until the chunin exams.)

~Timeskip~

            I was in the training grounds with Kakashi-sensei. He told me today that we would be working with another team to work on my taijutsu skills. After about 20 minutes of waiting a man with a green suit ran into the area followed by 3 students who looked to be my age. One of them had on the same green suit and looked exactly like the older man. The other two were a girl and a boy, I recognized immediately that the boy was a Hyuga. I listened as he introduced me to the man, who he reffered to as Gai. Gai then introduced me to the members of his team,-Lee, Tenten, and Neji. "Saki, Gai is a master of taijutsu and the members of his team are trained in it. I would like for you to train with them for the next couple of weeks. You can choose to continue any training after those weeks are up." I nodded "It's nice to meet you all"  

~1 month later~

           I sat with my team in a clearing where Kakashi-sensei had told us to meet him. I had recently gotten word from Neji, that the chunin exams were approaching so I figured Kakashi would have to talk to us about it eventually. Kakashi then appeared in a tree and as I expected he told us about the exams. "Saki, I need to talk to you." We walked away from the group. "What is it sensei?" The exams as I sure you know about are known to only allow teams of 3 to participate so that no team is at an disadvantage." I nodded realizing where he was going. "So, that means I can't participate." he looked at me as we approached home. "Actually, the hokage is willing to alter the exam so that you can take the exam by yourself and he will only do that if you confirm to me that you will do it. Before making this decision I want you to know that I believe that you more than anyone else on this team are ready and prepared to complete the exam. You are a prodigy, an extremely rare type of prodigy in your generation is where. You've met other prodigies like Neji or Sasuke and I know that you are unlike either of those two. You want to do something that's so simple, yet so rare to find. Your will or want to protect others around you will guide you far. This exam will help you get closer to that goal." I nodded "I do want to take this exam sensei. If I fail then I w ill just have to try again next year but I believe that I can pass by myself or with my team." "Are you 100% sure this is something you want to do?" "I'm very positive" We then entered the apartment and he handed me the exam card. " I have to go make the hokage aware of your plan to participate. The information for the exam is on the card you have, we have the next few weeks to train be ready tomorrow by 9am and bring your blades, bow, and arrows." I nodded and went to my room and went to sleep. 

~Next Day~

                I woke up the next day at 7am. After bathing I went straight to our usual training grounds. When I arrived I noticed Kakashi was already there and there were weapons scattered on the grass in front of him. "Place your blades, bow, and arrows  on the ground. Today we are working on your chakra nature and finding the right weapons for you. We will be training with every one of these weapons on the ground but first we need to find out your chakra nature." He pulled out 5 pieces of paper. "In order to find out your chakra nature you need to input your chakra into the paper. If it it's earth it'll crumble, if its water it'll get wet; if it's fire it'll burn, if it's wind it'll start to float, and if it's lightning it'll well you know." he gave me the paper and I did as told and added chakra into the paper. The paper immediately began to crumble. "Earth, next paper" I nodded adding chakra to the next paper watching as it burned "Fire, keep going" I added chakra into the next paper and it began to float. "It's rare to find someone with more than 3 chakra natures so if this paper doesn't show a different chakra nature you won't  have to test the other paper." I nodded and when I inserted my chakra into the paper it floated in the air. "Alright it seems that your chakra natures are fire, earth, and wind. With this information you can now determine the weapons you will be strongest with. This helps to narrow it down. Your chakra nature makes you a long rage fighter which means you can use your bow and arrow, fans, scythes, chains, etc. This does not limit your close range weapons such as a kitana and your twin blades. Pick a weapon and we'll officially get started with your weapons training." I looked over the weapons choosing my first weapon,-a chained scythe which glowed the moment I touched it. "That scythe you picked up reacts off the chakra nature of its user. Apparently, at this moment it reacted to the fire part of your chakra natures. With training this weapon can cause destruction at your own will without hurting those around you." I nodded holding the scythe in a comfortable position as Kakashi-sense picked up a kitana off of the ground. "It's time to get started."

"