Chapter Thirteen

~2 years later~

The Kazekage is Missing!

Kakashi's POV
             I was in the hospital with my team as Sakura healed the puppeteer boy, Kankuro, when I suddenly heard a picnicked voice behind me. "Where's Gaara, what happened. I turned around and saw Saki who looked completely concerned. Instead of a leaf headband she now wore a Sunagakure headband on her forehead and a totally different outfit. Temari approached her in a soothing way." I watched as it seemed like her heart seemed to shatter just by looking in her eyes as they watered. "I'm glad Kankuro is okay." Temari then pulled the girl into her arms. I knew she was hurting. She would send me letters often talking about her relationship with Gaara, Temari, and Kankuro and how much she loved living in Suna. Soon after Sakura walked out and told Temari that they could see him now. When we entered Saki was at his side. I could tell both Sakura and Naruto was confused of their relationship. When Kankuro saw her he immediately apologized "I'm sorry Saki. I tried everything I could to get him back." She grabbed his hand "It's not your fault Kankuro. I know you tried everything in your power and you had no control over being poisoned." He then explained to us what happened and we began to leave the hospital and they went with us to the gates. As we were about to leave Saki spoke up. "I'm coming with you all." She then looked at Temari and gave her another hug and we all left.

Saki's POV
         I ran with Kakashi, Naruto, and Sakura through the woods. Kakashi ran right next to me. "It's great to see you again Saki. It's been a while." I gave him a sad smile. "I wish it would have been under better circumstances." He looked at me sadly "We're going to get him back alive Saki." I nodded and gasped as a certain pain ran through my body unlike anything I've ever felt before. It hurt so bad that I collapsed mid run 'It's Gaara, the Akatsuki are removing Shukaku from his body.' I gaspsd trying to catch my breath from the pain. Kakashi kneeled down next to me as well as Naruto which surprised me. "What's wrong Saki?" I groaned as I felt myself get a big head ache "Their removing the one tails from him" They looked at me shocked "How do you know?" "My Zaigan, I can feel it because he's the one I'm supposed to protect." I then forced myself to stand up but I felt the pain even stronger than before that I couldn't help but scream out in pain that time. The pain lasted longer this time and my headache got worse. 'You need to get to him as soon as possible Saki, I'll try to subside your pain so that it's bearable.' I forced myself to my feet again. "We need to get to him as soon as possible."

           There he laid on the ground as 2 Akatsuki members sat on his body. I could tell that he wasn't alive. In front of me stood one of the ninja I met 2 years ago, Aiko Riyuri. He looked at me surprised that I was here. I knew a lot about his powers. He contained a Kekkei Genkai called, the Tsukiyogan. He was the youngest to activate it and a prodigy. I knew how they worked and I knew his weaknesses. I got in a position as everyone around me seemed to scatter. I immediately started to make hand signs. "Fire style: Fire hurricane" I continued to make hand signs as he dodged the last one but before I could finish it he rushed me which forced me to block. "Don't forget that just like you know my weaknesses I know yours." I growled drawing my katana and he drew his. He ran at me first and I blocked pushing him back slightly. With my other hand I might more hand signs "Fire style: Great fireball jutsu" I watched as it seemed to burn his face and then gasped as I was suddenly electrocuted by lightning from his sword but I ignored it slightly continuing my hand signs as he continued to attack me with my sword. "Earth Style: Earth Pillar Prison." I then captured him in a jutsu just for a brief second. I began to make more hand signs and finished right as he bursted out "Fire style: Hell's Inferno" I continued making hand signs "Wind style: Blades of exhile" I watched as the wind forced him into a tree bit I didn't stop making hand signs. "Fire Style: circle of Fire" I continued make final hand signs despite hearing his screams of pain "Fire Style: Raging Inferno" His screams stopped as the jutsu made contact with him. I decided to ensure he was out by hitting him with a few medical senbon that would knock him out. After knocking him out I tied him up and placed a chakra restraining seal on his back.
              I felt broken as Lady Chico gave her life for Gaara. I felt completely destroyed seeing Gaara's lifeless body in the ground. I felt empty in all seeing him on the ground knowing I was unable to do anything to bring him back myself.

Gaara's POV
               I woke up on the ground with Naruto and Sakura sitting over me. I sat up and looked around as Naruto explained everything that had happened. I saw Saki sitting by herself against a tree looking as if she were about to cry. I called out for her and she looked at me. "Come here" she then came to me and I stood up and hugged her as she cried.

Third Person POV
               Everyone watched as the Kazekage pulled Saki into a hug. They watched as she broke down right in his arms hearing the Kazekage whisper how sorry it was and how everything is going to be okay. Sakura and Naruto watched as the Gaara they now knew places a kiss upon her forehead to comfort Saki, their former teammate. They finally noticed the ring that was on her finger as she clutched onto his arm afraid to let go. No one had seen her so broken, so afraid, and so vulnerable and yet here she was holding on to the red haired boy with all her might feeling completely helpless and broken.