Your Eyes

Yeji slowly opened her eyes and found herself lying down on a soft hospital bed.

Yeji wanted to say a word but her throat was injured badly. Yeji tried to sit down but she felt her stomach hurt. 'I can't speak.' Yeji thought to herself while struggling to sit down.

The girl who is sitting by Yeji's bed opened her eyes after a 2 hour nap. "Yeji! you're finally awake. It's me Kim Jungeun, Kim Lip!" Jungeun said and hugged the cat-eyed girl.

'I-it hurts.' Yeji thought to herself as Jungeun hugged her so tight.

"What do you need, Yeji? are you hungry?" Jungeun asked while giving a worried look.

Yeji pointed at her mouth and shook her head in dismay.

"What? oh, you can't talk. The nurse told me that you were strangled so hard that you lost your voice but don't worry, your vocal cords will heal and you will be able to regain your voice." Jungeun said and smiled at Yeji.

Yeji felt a little stressed that she couldn't speak so she decided to mouth the words she want to say hoping that Jungeun will get it.

Yeji opened her mouth and started mouthing a sentence at her friend.

"A game? I'm in." Jungeun said and sat down like a little kid. "Peanut butter pickle!"

Yeji gave her friend a disappointed look and shook her head in dismay and tried again.

"How long was I out?" Jungeun said and let out a smile. "Is that right? is that what you mouthed?"

Yeji mouthed a "yes" and gave her friend a thumbs up.

"You were unconscious for a week, Yeji. Fortunately, you didn't suffer from amnesia or any severe brain injury. It's a miracle that you're still alive. Thanks to those cops who found you." Jungeun said and let out a smile at the cat-eyed girl.

Yeji decided to mouth another sentence at her friend.

"Can I go outside?" Jungeun said and rested her head on her fist. "Is that right?"

Yeji gave her friend a smile and a thumbs up.

"Yes! I'm so good at this game!" Jungeun confidently shouted. "I think you can go outside tomorrow. For now, stay in bed and rest because you just woke up." Jungeun said and gave her friend a smile. "Anyways, I have to go to work. I'll call the nurse for you." Jungeun said and stood up from her seat.

Yeji mouthed a "bye" and waved her hand at her friend.

"Bye, Yeji." Jungeun said and turned around and saw a nurse walking by Yeji's room. "Hey, you, nurse!" Jungeun said and approached the nurse.

"What is it?"

"Hwang Yeji woke up."

"Oh, really? these are her pills." The nurse said while holding a pair of medicine.

"Okay. Give me the pills... and your number." Jungeun said and threw a sharp wink.

"O-okay." The nurse nervously said and handed Jungeun the pills.

Jungeun walked towards the cat-eyed girl to give her the pills. "Yeji, these are for you. I'll go now."

Yeji mouthed a "thank you" and gave her friend a thumbs up.

Jungeun walked outside of Yeji's room and continued walking while her hands are in her pockets.

Suddenly, Jungeun bumped onto a short-haired girl who is taking pictures of the hospital. "Oh, sorry." Jungeun said and bowed at the short-haired girl and continued walking.

"Shin Ryujin, go to that room right there and asked the patient if he/she wants a picture." Ryujin's friend whispered.

"Alright." Ryujin said and smiled and walked her way to the room her friend told her to go to.

*Knock knock*

"Hello, I'm coming in." Ryujin said and slowly opened the door.

Yeji, who is laying down, tried her best to sit down as she heard the voice of the person who entered her room. 'T-that voice sounds familiar.'

"Hey, can I take a picture of you?" Ryujin said and faced the cat-eyed girl.

Yeji slowly turned around and faced the girl who approached her. 'Ryujin?!'

"Can I?" Ryujin asked again while looking at Yeji who has a confused look on her face.

Yeji wanted to yell, she wanted to scream Ryujin's name but she can't. Yeji slowly nodded and earned a smile from the short-haired girl.

"Alright, cool." Ryujin said and took out her camera. "Say cheese for me."

Yeji looked at Ryujin in the eyes and let out a smile while trying to contain her tears.

"Got it!" Ryujin said and gave a smile at the cat-eyed girl. "Oh my, why are you crying?" Ryujin said and sat down on the bed.

Yeji placed her hand on Ryujin's shoulder and kissed her lips hoping that Ryujin recognizes her.

Ryujin's eyes widened and pushed Yeji. "W-what the? I-I'm sorry. I have to go." Ryujin said while wiping her lips and left Yeji's room.

'Damn it, Shin Ryujin.' Yeji thought to herself while wiping her tears.

--

"Why the hell do random people keep kissing me? am I that beautiful?" Ryujin said to herself while looking at the photos she took.

"B-but that girl from the hospital. She looks familiar." Ryujin said while looking at the picture of the cat-eyed girl.

"She looks like what I imagine Yeji would look like." Ryujin said and gave a smile while thinking of her girlfriend.

--

"Oh, you're back already, Ryujin." Lia said as she noticed that the short-haired girl entered her house.

"Hello, Ryujin Unnie. How was your trip to Gangseo District? did you get robbed? did someone hurt you?" Yuna asked while cuddling with her girlfriend and watching TV with her friends.

"No. It's actually the complete opposite of what you said. Someone kissed me." Ryujin said while looking at the photos she took earlier for the second time.

"What? just like that Yuri girl?" Chaeryeong said and let out a laugh. "I mean, you can't blame them. You're so beautiful that I want to kiss you so ba-" Chaeryeong was cut off when Lia suddenly hit her on the head.

"Sorry, Lia." Chaeryeong said while caressing her head.

'Why would she kiss me?' Ryujin thought to herself while looking at the picture of the cat-eyed girl for the second time.