Why Do I Even Talk to You Guys?

"Steve!"

Nothing. Silence.

"Steve, we need to go!" Clasping the back of your earring and checking your hair one last time, you glanced at the clock to find that you were about to be late for your own party. You hurried to the closet and grabbed three pairs of shoes, holding each one against your dress to decide which to take, but you needed another opinion; Steve was terrible at this but Nat was already gone.

"Steven Grant Rogers get your sweet ass out...here..." you stopped, a small gasp escaping when you finally saw him emerge from the bathroom. "Is that...um...is that new?" The shoes you had been so focused on were dropped carelessly to the floor so you could meet him, running your hands down his chest against the silken blue material of his shirt.

He looked down at you with a satisfied smirk, rolling each sleeve up his forearm as he watched you continue to inspect him. "Yes, it's new," he chuckled. "Chris got this for my birthday a few months ago, remember? He just happened to tell me how much you liked it when he wore it in the movie. (Y/N)?"

"Hmm?" you hummed absentmindedly, suddenly jolted back to attention to see him looking at you with a bright smile and that undeniable sparkle in his eyes that was somehow accentuated by the blue of his shirt. "Right! Right...I remember. I'm going to have to thank him myself. And you just might need to wear this everyday," you murmured, pressing yourself against him and relaxing at his arms wrapping around you to hold you there.

"We need to go, doll," Steve whispered into your hair, pressing his lips against it. "But we can pick this up later." He gently pulled away and hurried to your closet, grabbing the pair of bright red heels that you had dropped a moment ago. He stopped and did a small turn in front of you, holding his arms up so you could enjoy the view one more time. "If you get to stare at the goods all evening, then I get to think about you wearing these all night."

~~~

When you arrived at the party in the lounge of the tower, it was well underway. The music was loud, but the conversations and laughter were even more so, with actors and Avengers intermingled together for the first time since meeting at the Civil War press junket. It was a party that you had promised them that day, and with both Steve and Chris incessantly bothering you to set it up, it was finally happening.

"See? We're late to our own party," you huffed, stepping out of the elevator but stopping at Steve's hand around your waist, pulling you tightly next to him with his mouth next to your ear.

"Yeah, but we look so good doing it," he smirked, moving his hand to take yours and leading you into the crowd. He looked around the room, and not seeing who he wanted, he took his phone from his pocket and typed anxiously. "You see Evans anywhere? He should have been here by now."

"I'm sure he's just hung up in traffic or something, calm down."

"He would've texted me..." he mumbled to himself, still watching his phone for the reply.

"You're like an overprotective father, Steve. He'll be here. Let's go." Hooking your arm into his, you led him into the group, passing by the group of Nick and Samuel in an animated discussion with Maria and Cobie.

"Ok, man," Sam said as he leaned in closer to Nick, pointing towards Maria with his drink in hand, "you're gonna sit here and tell me to my face, that you and Hill never...you know..."

Nick leaned back and laughed loud enough to echo through the room with a wide grin that quickly spread through the four of them. "Okay, come on! She's my second in command! That would be so inappropriate!"

"Yeah, but it crossed your mind, right?" Cobie joined in. "There's no way that two people spend as much time together as you two and it hasn't come up."